Chapter 10 Part 3

EP10 - 『Rough』(3)

When I came to my senses, there was only a week left until the start of the new school term. Wait, isn't this vacation too short? They should give us at least two months like they do in college!

Still, I feel proud of what I've accomplished during the break. I performed on stage with Jin Sohyang, and I'm slowly but surely progressing with the songwriting for Sooyeon and me.

And along with the tuition bill came the scholarship details. It's only half, but Mom was delighted to hear about the scholarship.

But that wasn't the end of the gifts for Mom. I handed her the contract with ROC Entertainment. With a puzzled expression, she asked me,

"What's this?"

"A contract."

"I know that, but... are you joining some company?"

"No, it's not like that."

I briefly explained the contract to her. Surprised but happy, Mom's expression made my heart swell with pride.

"My son, you've grown so much."

In my past life, I always brought disappointment to Mom. Yet despite everything, she lived for me. This is my way of finally repaying her.

"I'll work hard."

But I still have a long way to go. There are still many things I need to do for Mom. Smiling proudly, she said,

"You're doing well, my son."

Mom believes in me.

I clench my fist at that belief.

Mom has always given me her trust.

"Yes."

Yes, I'm doing well.

I just need to keep going like this.

I told myself.

§

Yoon Hajoon was still a minor, so his mom decided to handle the contract. Yoon Hajoon had to explain multiple times to his mom that the terms were very favorable.

However, the money would go into Yoon Hajoon's bank account. Despite Yoon Hajoon's insistence that his mom should take it, she insisted that he manage his own earnings.

Well, there's nowhere particular to spend the money, so it should be fine. Let's just save it up for when we need it.

With that decision made, Yoon Hajoon spent the rest of the vacation working on Sooyeon's song. And with three days left before vacation ended, Yoon Hajoon went out to meet Jin Sohyang for their promised meal.

He wanted to get the promised meal.

"What about your sister?"

"She said she has homework since school's starting soon."

Yoon Hajoon replied as he took a sip of water. Could it be that Sooyeon rejected the meal with Jin Sohyang? Well, it can't be helped if it's because of homework.

"But is this place okay?"

"Of course! I can afford this much. Plus, this place was recommended by the unnis and they say it's really delicious."

Jin Sohyang brought Yoon Hajoon to a fancy Japanese restaurant with private rooms. Perhaps because of the private room, it was very quiet.

Jin Sohyang casually ordered food as she sipped her water. Yoon Hajoon couldn't help but feel nervous. Am I acting strange today? He lowered his head and looked at his clothes.