Chapter 18 Part 7

EP18 - That Brother and Sister (7)

Yoon Sooyeon gets up from her seat.

At this sight, Lim Yeonji lets out a small sigh.

"Sooyeon."

Then, she cautiously calls out Yoon Sooyeon's name and grabs her wrist. A slender wrist. Lim Yeonji's hand trembles as she holds onto it.

And in response to Lim Yeonji's actions, Yoon Sooyeon replies briefly.

"I'll just talk and come back."

"Yeah, okay."

At Yoon Sooyeon's firm voice, Lim Yeonji releases her wrist. Surely, they won't fight, right? Lim Yeonji had grabbed her wrist out of anxiety, but she couldn't imagine Yoon Sooyeon getting into a fight with anyone.

Although it's only been about a year since they became close, Lim Yeonji has never seen Yoon Sooyeon get angry during that time.

No, she hasn't even seen her raise her voice. Even when her brother's song was mentioned, at most, she just showed a slight change in expression.

Still, just in case, Lim Yeonji gets up from her seat along with Yoon Sooyeon. Then, together with Yoon Sooyeon, she turns to face Jung Jinhoo, the source of the voice.

"Well, what I mean is, most of what you see on TV is just image-making, so don't believe it."

"Ohh."

Whether he knows it or not, Jung Jinhoo is still insisting on the idea that Yunhajun's success is inflated. And at his words, the people around him sigh in admiration.

At this sight, Yoon Sooyeon's brow furrows even more.

Eventually, they arrive in front of Jung Jinhoo.

"What did you just say?"

And Yoon Sooyeon speaks to Jung Jinhoo with a firm voice.

At Yoon Sooyeon's voice, Jung Jinhoo's brow furrows.

"What?"

"What did you just say?"

The tone of Yoon Sooyeon's voice is sharp, as if openly saying, "I'm feeling bad," with a twisted brow. At this sight, Jung Jinhoo's voice lowers slightly.

"Well, I mean, just don't believe everything you see on TV."

"But before that."

"What, did you curse at Yunhajun?"

"Who are you to curse at him?"

What's up with her?

What did I do wrong?

Yoon Sooyeon's reproachful attitude doesn't make sense to me. And perhaps because of her unusual behavior or for some other reason, people's attention is drawn in our direction.

After all, it's Sooyeon and Jung Jinhoo, the valedictorian and the salutatorian. Who's better? Students often make such comparisons.

Well, since I haven't heard their songs yet, it's impossible to evaluate who's better. But in terms of evaluation, Sooyeon is far better.

It's a natural story, really.

While Jung Jinhoo is often judged as unfortunate for his unique brash manner of speaking and arrogant expression, Sooyeon is always loved for her affectionate attitude and friendly speech.

"And who are you? Are you even a fan of Yunhajun?"

"No, he's my brother."

The surroundings fall silent at Sooyeon's statement. Students who were admiring Jung Jinhoo now wear puzzled expressions, and Jung Jinhoo himself looks bewildered.