Chapter 4 Part 4

What makes Han Goyo known as a genius?

There are several reasons for that. First of all, his fundamentals are solid, and his vocal tone is exceptional. It's a unique tone that you can't forget once you've heard it. Moreover, he has a strong appeal and excellent lyrical delivery. His vocal range is also extremely good.

How good is his vocal range? He can fill the small auditorium without a microphone with just his voice alone. No, that level of quality isn't just good; it's unbelievable.

And he can hit high notes well too. Han Goyo isn't outstanding in just one aspect; he's an overall outstanding hexagonal genius.

Is there anything he can't do?

But does that mean he doesn't have any standout qualities at all?

"Immersion."

It's my personal opinion, but I think Han Goyo's greatest strength is immersion. Han Goyo's songs draw people in. Listening to her songs makes your emotions sway. To the point of agony.

No, seriously, isn't she an absurdly talented person?

How can someone not have a single flaw?

Well, there is one.

Communication.

I look at the stage. Han Goyo, done with the camera setup, is preparing to sing. The surroundings quiet down at the sight of him.

Everyone's anticipating Han Goyo's song.

Soon, the song begins.

The day I was left alone.

That's when I realized.

Han Goyo's vocal tone is special. It's like it's trembling. You can feel a sob in his voice, even though he doesn't seem to use vibrato.

As time passes by.

One day, I'll become an adult.

There's a change in Han Goyo's usually indifferent expression. It's not a dramatic change, just a slight distortion.

However, just conveying Han Goyo's emotions through his singing is enough.

Someday, you'll remember.

I've experienced something like that too.

I glance around subtly. Reactions to Han Goyo's singing can be divided into exactly two categories: admiration or shock.

I still remember that day.

The day I first heard Han Goyo's song.

Beomjae, who thought of himself as a genius, saw a real genius. In the face of that violent talent, there was nothing he could do. He couldn't even console himself, nor could he escape.

He just felt overwhelmingly defeated. And the vocal majors watching Han Goyo's performance now must be feeling the same defeat I felt.

Walking the same path as such a being.

I have to keep competing.

Can I really do it?

"······What's up with that guy."

Someone murmurs next to me. Looking at their face, it's Jinsuhyang. Jinsuhyang's expression is tinged with astonishment. I grin at that sight.

The idol group Hwayangyeonhwa that Jinsuhyang belongs to is doing fairly well. And someday they'll become the best group in Korea. But that's only as far as Hwayangyeonhwa goes.