Chapter 16 Part 4

EP16 - "Drop Pop" (4)

"Greetings. These are our band members. And here's Mr. Hajun. He's the album producer for this project."

With that, Won Sungmin introduced the members of Blue Acacia. There are a total of four members: Choi Minseok on drums, Ahn Haein on bass, Kang Minseok on keyboards, and Won Sungmin on composition, guitar, and vocals.

However, when it comes to vocals, Won Sungmin often hires guest vocalists instead of singing himself. Looking at them, Yoon Hajun nodded lightly.

"Hello."

"Hmm, is this the one?"

"Hi. You look cute. How old are you?"

"I'm 18 now."

"Wow, such talent at that age. Isn't Sungmin better at making songs than you?"

"It's possible."

"And did you make that song?"

At Yoon Hajun's greeting, the members of Blue Acacia whispered with surprised expressions. They had heard about him being a high school student, but seeing him in person made him seem remarkably young.

"What does age matter? The song is what matters. I'm Choi Minseok. Nice to meet you."

"Oh, I'm Yoon Hajun."

Yoon Hajun lightly grasped Choi Minseok's offered hand. Then, he made a surprised expression. He had only lightly grabbed it, but he could feel a strong grip.

Drummers say strength is life, after all.

He looks delicate, but he's surprisingly strong.

"That's true. Your songs are quite intriguing. Is it that emo hip-hop that's trending these days?"

"The basic idea is emo hip-hop, yes."

"Hmm, is it because you're young? Very trendy."

"What does age have to do with it?"

Won Sungmin interjected at Kang Minseok's muttering. Then, he clapped lightly with his large hand to draw attention before speaking again.

"So, have you all listened to the songs I sent?"

In response to Won Sungmin's words, the band members didn't reply but instead went to their respective positions with their instruments and sat down. Then, they nodded to each other and began to play.

Suddenly, as the performance began, Yoonhajun's expression turned surprised. He had expected some discussion about the song before starting to play, but they started with the music?

The keyboard set the main melody, accompanied by the bass. The drums added power, while the flashy guitar play wrapped the sounds together.

Watching this, Yoonhajun's mouth hung open. Truly, Blue Acacia. They hadn't even practiced properly together, yet their harmony was seamless.

It wasn't just about being in tune. The melodies were vibrant and alive. As Yoonhajun listened to the performance, he furrowed his brow thoughtfully.

He had felt this before with Kim Taeyoung. Virtual instruments could never fully replicate the sound of live performers. The limitations were clear.

'I'll have to rely on live musicians when recording the album.'

Until now, he hadn't had the money or time, so he had composed using virtual instruments. But now things were different. Money? The company would provide. Hiring musicians? The company would handle that too.