Chapter 8 Part 3

Chapter 8 - Sileum and Concert (3)

Jin Sohyang is easily influenced by others. She's what you might call a "follower." Originally, Jin Sohyang became an idol because she was influenced by a friend who wanted to become an idol.

Rather than genuinely liking being an idol, she did it because it seemed popular, fun, and her friends were doing it. So that's why she became an idol.

After becoming a trainee and then debuting as an idol, she just went with the flow. She followed the advice to be cautious, appeared on popular variety shows a few times, and did what the company asked of her.

The reason I'm using formal speech now is also for that reason. I heard advice not to cause unnecessary controversy, so I kept my distance from classmates by speaking formally.

She doesn't have anything she particularly wants to do. But that doesn't mean she's slack in her idol activities. On the contrary, she's worked tirelessly. She knows her skills are lacking to be an idol, so she tried hard.

She didn't become an idol because she loved it, but she didn't slack off either. However, the idol industry isn't an easy place to survive just because you're not particularly passionate about it.

When her schedule is busy, getting three hours of sleep a day feels like a lot. When preparing an album, she dances until her knees give out. There have been times when she practiced singing until her voice gave out.

But her singing didn't improve at all. No, her singing skill itself did improve. She strengthened her basics. But she couldn't acquire things she wasn't born with.

A special tone, high notes, vocal range – she's lacking in everything needed to be a singer. She's at the level of an ordinary person who can sing a bit. She knows very well that she's far from being good enough to be a singer.

Just looking at the distribution of parts in Hwayangyeonhwa, Jin Sohyang is overwhelmingly at the bottom. But she doesn't get hurt by it. She knows it can't be helped.

So she gave up. She stopped having unrealistic expectations and accepted her own level. And she felt a little relieved.

She didn't have any ambition for the stage. Since she wasn't the protagonist of the stage, she didn't want to cause trouble. That's what she thought. Well, until she saw that stage.

『Blame』

The stage she saw at the freshmen concert. The student named Han Goyo who stood on that stage was different from her. He had outstanding looks and would surely become a very loved singer in the future.

If he wasn't a member of Hwayangyeonhwa, he would still be an outstanding person whom she couldn't compare to. But what Jin Sohyang was amazed by wasn't just Han Goyo's singing.

She was captivated by the staging he showed on that stage, where his singing merged with the performance. She wanted to stand on such a stage herself. She suddenly wanted to stand on a solo stage, something she had never thought of before.

However, given Hwayangyeonhwa's current situation, that's difficult. Even if it were possible, her solo album as the youngest member would probably be far off.

That's just a hopeful observation, and realistically, there's a high chance she won't even be able to do solo album activities.

So, she erased thoughts about that stage.

...Or at least tried to.

But the thoughts kept coming back.

Even when listening to favorite songs or watching other artists' performances, she continued to imagine herself standing on that stage.