Chapter 11 Part 1

EP11 – Turning Point (1)

Finally, the work on "Rough" was all done. It felt rewarding to have spent the whole weekend holed up in ROC Entertainment's practice room, saving sleep.

Still, it ended faster than expected. Well, considering it's a song that has already been worked on once, does it feel a bit late? Still, it came out with satisfactory quality.

"How is it?"

"If there's no one else to make songs, you'll definitely come find me, right? You got that?"

"Is this my song?"

The reaction is, well, about this much?

Although the work is finished, it's still a long way to go until the release of "Rough." It won't be released as a digital single but will be included in the next album after "Hwa Yang Yeon Hwa."

"I'll be busier from now on."

"That's right. Probably won't be able to go to school well."

"What about festivals or events?"

"I might skip festivals, but I have to go to events. It would be a big problem if I don't."

That's true. There are two things that you absolutely can't skip at Han High School: events and major exams. If you skip those, you're out, whether you're an entertainer or an idol.

On the flip side, if you participate only in those, you can skip everything else. I look at Jin Sohyang. It'll be very difficult to meet her after the next album is released.

In reality, since starting album activities, Jin Sohyang has only been to school three or four times. It's unavoidable considering how big of a hit it was.

"Do you regret it?"

Then, Jin Sohyang asks me. A face full of mischief. After hesitating for a moment, I nod honestly.

"A little?"

"Well, I'm glad you're at least a little regretful. Don't worry. I'll go if I have time."

"Sure. Work hard."

"Yes!"

With that farewell, I leave ROC Entertainment. Even though I stopped by home in between, it feels like it's been a long time since I've been outside.

"I'm back."

After returning home like that, there was no one at home. Mom must have gone to work, and Sooyeon must be at the vocal academy. Everyone is doing their own thing.

Lying on the bed, I recall what President Kwon Sooyoung said. Don't be impatient, try to pick up a hobby, she said. Taking a break is also part of being a pro.

"A hobby, huh?"

Should I seriously give it a try? As President Kwon suggested, maybe it'll bring some inspiration? I might be able to feel something like that.

Of course, I've never really experienced proper inspiration in my life.

"Did the work go well?"

It's Monday after the weekend. Having finished all the work on 'Rough,' I went to school for the first time in a while. Even though it's only been four days.

"Yeah, it went okay."

"If it went that well, you must be extremely satisfied, huh?"

"Huh?"

"You're so shameless when it comes to praising yourself."

"Really?"

I'm not sure.