Chapter 2 Part 4

EP2 - Seolwon High School (4)

The entrance ceremony for Seolwon High School has begun. It's been a long time, or rather, it feels fresh to be back at school after 10 years since graduation. I look around the auditorium where the entrance ceremony is taking place.

"It's really darn big."

I feel it anew, but it's really huge. Is this a high school, or a university? Yeo Hosoo, the chairman of the "Seolwon" foundation, which oversees Seolwon High School, is the chairman of the prestigious Korean conglomerate "Sesi Group." That means the school has a lot of money. Accordingly, the facilities at Seolwon High School are jaw-dropping.

There are practice rooms, studio recording rooms as standard, and even rehearsal rooms and screening rooms. In addition, expensive instruments including grand pianos are provided.

Moreover, students of Seolwon High School can use these facilities for free. It's not for nothing that the competition rate at Seolwon High School is top-notch among high schools.

But that's not important right now. I take a sip of the water I brought and look around. I recognize a few faces among the countless students.

People who will make a name for themselves as singers, entertainers, or artists in the future. These are the people I need to get along with for mine and Su-yeon's future.

I scratch my index fingernail with my thumb as I recall the names I've already checked. Can I do well? It's my second time in high school, but I'm not confident.

I have to live as a genius in this life. A genius among geniuses. To receive scholarships, I have to act like one. Phew, I sigh.

Seolwon High School offers various scholarships. However, there are only two scholarships that exempt the full tuition fee.

The Academic Excellence Scholarship.

And the Student Success Scholarship.

The Academic Excellence Scholarship is awarded to two students from each department based on both written and practical exams.

Then what is the Student Success Scholarship? It's a scholarship that can be obtained if a student receives the Outstanding Student Scholarship, awarded to one outstanding student in each department, more than twice.

So, I have to receive the Outstanding Student Scholarship in all exams. While I'm thinking about this, the entrance ceremony has already begun.

"We will now have the oath of the freshmen representatives."

As soon as those words finish, one student steps onto the stage.

The surroundings become noisy in an instant.

"They say she's a genius?"

"She got perfect scores in both written and practical exams."

Ignoring the buzzing voices, I look at the stage. A female student is standing straight, looking straight ahead with her waist erect.

Neatly cut hair, slender figure, fair skin, large eyes. Overall, she has a pretty face. However, the atmosphere around her felt peculiar and unmatched.

It's not cold or sharp. It's something else. Don't approach her. Something about her seems dangerous. Like glass that could shatter at any moment.

Hango. As quiet as her name, she is undoubtedly a genius. As a student of the Practical Music department, she's the only one who has never missed the Academic Excellence Scholarship since Seolwon High School was founded.

It's not just her grades. She sings incredibly well too. Hango's talent isn't overshadowed even when compared to Su-yeon's.

Well, she's still not as good as Su-yeon, though.