Chapter 6 Part 1

EP6 - Major Exam (1)

The freshman concert had ended.

But there was no one celebrating. It was inevitable, as the end of the freshman concert marked the beginning of the final exams.

As the exams drew closer, the entire school fell silent. This was no exception for the Music Department, known for its high energy levels.

Everyone sharpened their focus for exam preparation. However, there were a few exceptions.

One notable example was Yoon Ha-jun.

Yoon Ha-jun remained unchanged as usual. That is, he continued to exhibit the same consistent behavior of sleeping as if nothing were different, even with exams looming. His demeanor seemed indifferent not only to the teachers but also to the students.

Sewon Arts High School is known not only for its practical skills but also for its rigorous written exams, which are a source of pride for the students.

However, Yoon Ha-jun slept as soon as class started, even during the midterms.

But no one dared to say anything.

It was all because of Yoon Ha-jun's performance at the freshman concert. His stage was the most talked-about among the teachers and students.

From the singing to the stage direction, there was not a single flaw. Those unfamiliar with music might praise Han Go-yo's presence on stage, but the students here knew better.

They knew that the owner of that stage was not Han Go-yo, but Yoon Ha-jun. At the same time, Yoon Ha-jun's name began to gain prominence among the teachers and students.

He was not just a friend of Kim Tae-young and Han Go-yo, chosen by Han Go-yo and a major in composition. He was a talented composer and director.

His fame was not limited to the first-year students. Even the second-year students who had seen his stage were paying attention to Yoon Ha-jun. In particular, some vocal majors had visited Yoon Ha-jun's practice room.

They wanted to exchange greetings and perhaps collaborate in the future.

However, these attempts were repeatedly thwarted.

Every time they visited the practice room, they found Kim Tae-young and Han Go-yo by Yoon Ha-jun's side. Continuously working with them left no room for intrusion.

In particular, Han Go-yo's silent, stern gaze outside the practice room exerted immense pressure.

Nevertheless, Yoon Ha-jun's name was gradually becoming more and more famous.

§ § §

There isn't much time left until the exams. Because of that, the study rooms are always packed on weekends, and there's chaos everywhere. The group chat rooms are constantly flooded with questions about the exams.

Everyone is fully immersed in their studies.

"Aren't you studying, Oppa?"

Except me.

"Usually, exams are based on what you've studied before."

"Well, Oppa has been studying hard as usual."

Even though I haven't. I haven't even properly opened my textbooks. I just slept during class. Even the teachers noticed.

But I'm confident. Instead of studying, I've worked just as hard on the things I lack. I've taken piano and guitar lessons and composed songs with Sooyeon.

And I've completed the song I'll submit for the final exam. No, it's not quite finished yet. I sigh as I look over the project summary. How should I write this?