Chapter 19 part 3

EP19 - Two Strong-willed Geniuses (3)

"Shall we give it a try again today?"

At Ee Ji-yoon's words, Yoon Su-yeon nodded once, then closed her eyes. Seeing Su-yeon like that, Ee Ji-yoon played the music she had prepared in advance.

At the melody, Su-yeon let out a sigh. It was a familiar melody, the melody of "Runaway," the first song she worked on with her brother.

It's a song she has practiced hundreds, thousands of times. Naturally, she knows exactly when to come in and how to sing it.

But Su-yeon couldn't start singing easily.

No, to be precise, she couldn't do it.

Normally, before starting to sing, Su-yeon always thought of someone. She would imagine how that person would sing this song and interpret the results in her own way.

But now, she can't do that anymore.

With that method, she can't move forward anymore.

So she changes her thinking.

'How can I sing this song perfectly?'

Not, how would that person, Han Go-yo, sing this song, but how can she make her brother's song even more perfect?

She thinks about it.

She recites the lyrics.

She recites the melody.

What emotions did her brother have when he made this song?

The lyrics of "Runaway" are very liberating.

Escape the complicated daily life, leave the city, and fly freely.

She sings it with a groovy melody.

'Was my brother feeling frustrated?'

If he was, why?

Was it making the song?

No, that can't be it.

Yoon Hajun might not realize it himself, but he always smiles when he makes music. He smiles lightly, as if enjoying something.

Sometimes, when a song doesn't come together well, he furrows his brow as if in agony, but when that blockage clears, he smiles again.

Seeing that, making music shouldn't be painful.

Then what exactly is my brother trying to escape from?

As Yoon Su-yeon thought about this, something came to mind. This song is not only the first collaboration between Yoon Su-yeon and Yoon Hajun but also the first song Yoon Hajun ever worked on.

Before making this song, Yoon Hajun was more focused on singing than on creating music. And during those days, Yoon Hajun didn't smile much.

He always looked serious, lost in thought, tormented. But his expression changed when he started making music. He became more relaxed, softer.

His sharp gaze softened into a lazy one.

He smiled more often,

Talked to himself again, like he used to.

And,

Stopped singing.

Since when? Since the sound of singing that used to fill Yoon Hajun's room naturally stopped. Since my brother, who was always busy with academies, started staying at home?

Certainly, Yoon Hajun didn't say anything about it.

That's why Yoon Su-yeon didn't ask either.

More accurately, she didn't want to think about it. In fact, she already knew. She had already sensed it.