Chapter 17 Part 8

EP17 - Genius Producer. (8)

Just before the rehearsal of Starkingdom.

Jin Ilman was seriously contemplating about Yunhajun. The concern was none other than his reaction during rehearsals. In Jin Ilman's eyes, Yunhajun is more than capable of becoming the protagonist.

He actually plans to edit it that way.

But for that, there's a crucial scene lacking.

"Just a little. I wish there were just a little more beauty in the picture."

It's not asking for something grand.

Just pointing out the shortcomings while watching rehearsals or the actual performance, cheering on the good moments.

A scene where Blue Arc on stage and Yunhajun under the stage communicate.

If only that existed, it would truly make a great picture.

"Should I just ask for a favor?"

However, doing so might kill the naturalness.

The life of a reaction lies in its naturalness.

If Jin Ilman asks Yunhajun, Yunhajun will be conscious of Jin Ilman every time he reacts. That's not what Jin Ilman wants.

With so many cameras installed, Yunhajun is already more stiff than usual. But if he becomes conscious of Jin Ilman in that state, there's a high chance of awkward reactions.

Then naturally, the emotions the viewers receive will decrease, and the picture will be ruined.

"Or how about trusting Yunhajun?"

Based on what he has seen of Yunhajun so far, there's a high chance he'll react naturally even without being asked. Should he trust Yunhajun and wait for a natural picture, or intentionally create it?

A decision needs to be made.

How much did he agonize over this?

Jin Ilman made his decision.

He chose to trust Yunhajun.

With the Yunhajun he has seen so far, he believes Yunhajun will give the reactions he wants even without being asked. With that trust, Jin Ilman approached the shoot.

And Yunhajun reciprocated that trust from Jin Ilman.

"A little more to the side."

"Yes, there. Does the mark reach there?"

"That's right. Right there!"

From under the stage, Yunhajun guides Blue Arc to their position. And as Blue Arc begins their performance on stage, Yunhajun nods while watching the stage.

It might be weaker than what Jin Ilman expected, but it's satisfactory enough. However, from Yunhajun's perspective, there's a sense of injustice.

Blue Arc is a band. Therefore, they can't move around on stage as they need to continuously play their instruments, making special staging impossible.

Moreover, the members of Blue Arc are exceptionally skilled musicians compared to Yunhajun, limiting his ability to interfere.

But from Jin Ilman's standpoint, it's enough.

Watching Yunhajun, Jin Ilman smiled.

It seems that the results will be much more satisfying than when Starkingdom was initially planned.

§ § §

"Is this your first time at the broadcasting station?"

After finishing the rehearsal and before the actual shooting - the competition - begins, Kang Minseok asked me as we wandered around the broadcasting station.