Chapter 20 Part 2

EP20 - Taking a Break. (2)

"Oh, by the way, it's already the season for school trips."

Jin Sohyang lay on her bed, gazing at the ceiling as she spoke to her phone companion. School trip... I'm envious. When was the last time I went on a school trip?

Was it when I was in elementary school? Since then, Jin Sohyang has no memories of school trips. Trainee, debut group, and debut. After that, she had to be active every day during the school trip season.

-You're not going this year either?

"Probably not, right? We're in the middle of promoting the follow-up track right now."

-That's a shame.

"Yeah. Oh, is Ha Jun going to perform at this school trip?"

-No, Taeyoung suggested it, but there's no time to prepare, so he's passing on it this time.

Jin Sohyang smiled softly at Yunhajun's lazy voice coming through the phone. He's passing on it this time.

"That's somewhat fortunate."

-Why's that?

"Just that it's reducing the chance of not being able to see the stage Ha Jun prepared. You couldn't see it at the festival either, or at the recent performance by the junior group. Frankly, I was really curious."

Will the school trip mark the end of the first semester? In the end, I haven't been to school for even a week this semester. Of course, that means I've been busy with activities, but...

Still, there's a lingering sense of regret.

Not being able to go to school,

And not being able to go on the school trip.

"Ah, I also want to go on the school trip and have fun."

-Well, nothing we can do about it.

"Yeah. Well, it's unavoidable."

Jin Sohyang murmurs as if to herself. Her voice carries a deep sense of regret. Hmm, and then there's a moment of Yunhajun's voice sounding thoughtful over the phone.

And then, Yunhajun continues with a lighter tone.

-If you're feeling so regretful, how about we go out together later? Well, it's not a school trip, and we can't go for an overnight trip either. But maybe it'll help clear your mind for a bit?

"Really?!"

Jin Sohyang responded with a surprised voice, sitting up in bed at Yunhajun's casual suggestion. Oh, so he did suggest we go out together now?

-Well, if you don't want to, forget it.

"No, no, I don't mind. It's fine. Me."

-Then, after the HAMYU concert, shall we go out together?

"Yes, yes, of course. I can adjust my schedule."

-Let's decide on the details later. I need to sleep now.

"Yes! Goodnight!"

-You too.

With that, the call ended. Jin Sohyang pursed her lips as she looked at the phone that had been disconnected. Why is this happening? I'm not managing my expression well.

"Hehe."

Unable to contain herself, Jin Sohyang burst into a silly laugh. Her heart beats quickly as if it's about to burst. Her face feels warm with excitement.

Why is this happening? Am I excited because I'm going out with a friend after so long? Well, I guess so. Come to think of it, it's been a long time since I went out with a friend.