Chapter 12 Part 5

EP12 - Festival (5)

On stage, Han Goyo sings.

I stare blankly at his figure.

People are overwhelmed by Han Goyo's performance. Suyeon, with her mouth agape, also gazes at Han Goyo's stage. Everyone is subdued by Han Goyo's stage.

Except me.

The greatest strength of Han Goyo's singing is its emotional appeal, which shakes one's emotions no matter what others say. It feels like squeezing out emotions just by listening to it.

But how is Han Goyo's singing now?

It's different from his usual singing.

I can't feel anything from his singing.

He's just trying to impress something with his overwhelming talent. I furrow my brow at that sight.

Han Goyo looks anxious.

Why?

I don't understand.

With such talent, what could be so unsettling?

"There's no song for me."

Han Goyo is singing on stage.

Using his outstanding talent, he presents dazzling skills.

"I don't want to listen."

I mutter quietly as I listen to it. It's the first time. I don't want to listen to Han Goyo's singing. This isn't the Han Goyo's singing that I know.

I'm not saying this in a positive way.

It's in a negative way.

Overwhelming talent, solid fundamentals, powerful vocalization.

With those, the song he sings fills the stadium.

But somehow, it felt like shouting rather than singing to me. My ears are tired. Amidst this, Han Goyo's emotions explode.

His expression contorts, and his grip tightens on the microphone. However, those emotions are not conveyed in the song at all. He can't focus on the song.

Han Goyo isn't trying to convey something through his song right now; he's using his singing ability to say something. What is Han Goyo trying to say?

"The sight of someone trying to take away what I have is fatal," Han Goyo said about Suyeon.

He looks at Suyeon, who's sitting beside him.

What did Han Goyo see on Suyeon's stage?

What did he see to say such things?

Soon after, Han Goyo's stage comes to an end. People start applauding Han Goyo on stage. However, I simply couldn't bring myself to applaud.

As the composer of "Blame," I can't acknowledge Han Goyo's current stage. That's not "Blame." The stage I hoped for from Han Goyo wasn't like that.

Han Goyo's singing during rehearsals was much better than this current stage. On stage, Han Goyo and I lock eyes. Han Goyo is trembling.

He bites his lip and clenches his fists. He's falling apart. Perhaps he felt it himself. That his stage just now was the worst.

"You would understand if it were me," Han Goyo said. However, I don't understand. Didn't they say there are things you can understand without speaking? However, there are also things you can only understand by speaking.

On stage, Han Goyo steps down.

I blankly watched his figure.

Meanwhile, the second stage begins. It's a stage by the traditional music and the representative of the first-year class. Although it's a very regretful thing to say to the performer, I don't remember anything about it.