Chapter 13 Part 4

EP13 - Da Capo(4)

The Kim Taeyoung I remember was someone to whom the epithet 'glamorous' suited very well. It's not just about stage manners.

The clothes he wore on a regular basis, his demeanor during interviews, everything was very glamorous. That doesn't mean he was afflicted with the celebrity syndrome.

He was always cheerful, never once uttering a word of dislike to his fans or showing a moment of hardship. Instead, he tried his best to accommodate his fans' requests whenever possible.

However, there was one request even Kim Taeyoung didn't fulfill, and that was playing the piano. A piano prodigy who swept through competitions. It was natural that fans would want to hear Kim Taeyoung play the piano.

But Kim Taeyoung didn't entertain that request.

He didn't even joke about sitting in front of the piano.

I didn't know at the time.

Why he avoided the piano like that.

But now I know the reason.

Before asking him to play the piano, I had a lot of concerns. Wasn't I causing trouble for Taeyoung? Wasn't I making things difficult for Taeyoung because of my own desires?

But this song is Taeyoung's song. Moreover, it's a song where Taeyoung bids farewell to his past. That's why Kim Taeyoung's piano sound is absolutely necessary.

After school, I took the bus with Kim Taeyoung to the recording studio. Normally, Kim Taeyoung would be chattering away, but today he was unusually quiet.

He was concentrating on something with his lips sealed. His fingers resting on his knee were tapping away. It was as if he was playing the piano.

Watching him like that, I called out to Taeyoung when we arrived at our destination.

"We're here."

"Oh, already?"

Saying so, Kim Taeyoung got up from his seat. Then, after getting off the bus, he started walking towards the recording studio.

The recording studio Taeyoung had reserved is run by the teacher who taught Taeyoung the piano. How far did we walk?

Taeyoung and I arrived at a large studio building. Wow, this building is amazing! Just by looking at the exterior, you can feel the luxury flowing through it.

Why is this studio so extravagant?

Isn't this a talent agency rather than a studio?

ROC Entertainment is getting modest.

"What are you doing? Let's go in."

Kim Taeyoung said as I hesitated momentarily at the overwhelming facade. Nodding in response, I cautiously followed Kim Taeyoung into the studio.

The studio we entered looked more like an academy than a studio. There were many rooms resembling classrooms, and in what seemed like a waiting area, students were engaged in conversation.

But the stares of the students were peculiar.

Every single one of them was looking at Kim Taeyoung.

Actually, that's a given.

In the piano industry, Kim Taeyoung is unbelievably famous. What's odd is the way they were looking at him. The gazes directed at Kim Taeyoung weren't particularly kind.

They seemed rather disapproving, murmuring as they looked at Kim Taeyoung. I was starting to feel uncomfortable with their attitudes, but Kim Taeyoung seemed indifferent, as if he didn't care at all.