Chapter 17 Part 7

EP17 - Genius Producer (7)

Jin Ilman has produced a total of three music programs, including this one.

Having worked with many singers, he knows to some extent that there are quite a few peculiar individuals among them.

There are those who go beyond sensitivity or delicacy and are simply incomprehensible—commonly referred to as being "four-dimensional." There are also many who are normally calm but become erratic when it comes to work.

They claim to be perfectionists themselves, but to Jin Ilman, they are nothing more or less than individuals with personality disorders.

And now, watching Yun Hajun's work, he feels a similar vibe from him. Ah, not that Yun Hajun is a personality-disordered individual.

It's just a feeling.

The unique vibe that people who claim to be perfectionists have.

That's what Jin Ilman feels from Yun Hajun.

There's no such thing as recording something carelessly. Infinite retakes if it's not satisfactory. And he doesn't give up until his demands are met clearly.

Because of this, sub-vocalist Kang Minseok is suffering greatly. He's endured so much pain that he even glares at Yun Hajun.

But Yun Hajun remains unfazed.

Even though someone ten years older than himself is glaring at him, he confidently demands what he wants from Kang Minseok.

"That's it. That. Please embody that in the song. The feeling of not succumbing to sorrow, anger, and absurdity but confronting everything head-on with rage."

When the instigator of infusing anger, sorrow, and absurdity into Kang Minseok in real-time spoke like that, Kang Minseok finally exploded.

"No matter what you want."

I won't kneel down!

A beast's howl filled with resentment. Amidst all that, his voice remained clear. Satisfied with that voice, Yun Hajun nodded with a content expression.

"See? I told you I could do it."

"It wouldn't be annoying if you couldn't even speak."

In response to Yun Hajun's words, Choi Minseok, who had been watching from behind, murmurs. Other members nod as if they empathize with his voice.

"How long have we been in the band?"

"Seven years now?"

"Has it already been that long? But seriously, out of all the people I've met, he seems the weirdest."

"He's only 18, but he's already so stubborn. I guarantee that kid will end up getting punched by a singer someday."

"But wouldn't he just smile if he sings well?"

"Probably. Or maybe he'd say, 'Sing with these emotions.' Something like that?"

Members chuckle at An Hain's impression of Yun Hajun. Seeing them like this, Jin Ilman smiles.

The filming is becoming more enjoyable.

It's not just the members teasing Yun Hajun.

Yun Hajun's shortcomings, that is, his lack of character, are starting to be filled. In a music program, especially a competition program, the most important thing is the drama.

And in a drama, there's a protagonist. A shining presence among countless competitors. It could be someone with overwhelming talent or someone who's still growing despite their lack of skill.