Chapter 11 Part 3

EP11 - Turning Point (3)

Lately, Yoon Sooyeon has been living the busiest yet most fulfilling life she's ever known. Singing, studying, and doing the homework Ee Jiyoon assigns her after school.

Before she knows it, five days have already passed.

And then, the weekend, the day Sooyeon looks forward to the most.

After going to the academy in the morning, Sooyeon receives lessons from Ee Jiyoon. Originally planned for four hours, the lesson continues for 6 to 7 hours because of Sooyeon's enthusiasm for Ee Jiyoon's intensive coaching.

After the lesson with Ee Jiyoon, Sooyeon returns home to talk to her brother about music. Their conversations are filled with anticipation for the future.

Yes, Sooyeon is currently preparing for the future. In the short term, for the festival in October, and in the long term, for a life as a singer someday.

The problem is, preparing for the future isn't easy. Schoolwork is manageable for Sooyeon since she's always been good at studying.

The issue lies with Ee Jiyoon's homework. Ee Jiyoon's assignments are simple: practice a song and sing it in her own style. At first, Sooyeon thought it was a very easy assignment.

Singing has always been enjoyable for her. In fact, she didn't even think of it as homework. But when she actually tried it, it turned out to be quite difficult. The song didn't come out the way she imagined it in her head.

Surely, she had an image in her mind, but when she sang it, it didn't feel right. In fact, during the last assignment, Sooyeon showed a disappointed expression.

She doesn't like that. What should she do? Sooyeon pondered over it for a while. And eventually, she ended up asking her brother for help.

"I didn't want to do this."

She wanted to grow without relying on her brother's help. So, she wanted to tell her brother that she's the one who can sing his songs the best.

But there's just not enough time for that. Sooyeon looked at her phone. Soon, a reply came from her brother. [What?] was the short reply, and Sooyeon honestly explained her situation.

And about a minute after sending her message,

"What song are you practicing?"

The reply came.

-The end.

[Got it.]

That was the end of it. There was no further explanation. What was understood, what would be done. However, Sooyeon felt a sense of reassurance in that response.

If it's her brother, he'll come up with something.

Sooyeon sincerely believed that.

§

"Hmm."

"Why?"

Kim Taeyoung asks as he watches me sigh while looking at my phone. I shrug lightly in response to his question and say,

"My sister seems to be having trouble with her homework."

"Homework? Are you going to help her study?"

At your level? Kim Taeyoung's question felt like that's what he was asking.

Ah, that's a valid point, but it's somehow uncomfortable.

"No, not that kind of thing, more on the singing side."

"Oh, right, your sister is aiming to major in vocals too, isn't she?"