Chapter 19 Part 8

EP19 - Two Strong-Willed Geniuses (8)

Nothing at all...

"Again."

Nothing at al...

"I'll go again."

Nothi...

"From the beginning again."

Again, again, again, again!

Kim Han-ol gritted his teeth in frustration at Yoon Ha-jun's voice, which continued to repeat the same words like a broken radio. How many retakes was this now?

It had been about two hours since the first recording session, from start to finish, in the booth. During that time, Kim Han-ol had continued recording without a break.

Yet, despite his efforts, he still couldn't get past the first verse. Damn it. Kim Han-ol bit his lower lip. At this rate, he might end up being late for his date tonight.

"That won't do."

But Yoon Ha-jun didn't seem inclined to give an easy okay. Was he trying to assert authority, or perhaps maintain his producer's dignity?

Kim Han-ol really didn't like the fact that Yoon Ha-jun was doing the same thing he had seen in the video sent by CEO Seo-hoon before the recording.

Should he just swallow his pride and show a more humble attitude?

Would that satisfy him?

"So, sing it more emptily. As if there's nothing there. That's how you need to sing it."

But looking at him speaking so arrogantly, Kim Han-ol couldn't bring himself to feel that way at all. In the end, unable to hold back, Kim Han-ol responded sharply.

"That's how I'm singing it."

"Where?"

Yoon Ha-jun asked, seemingly bewildered by Kim Han-ol's response.

Sing it emptily?

Anyone would think it's a lively, exciting song, wouldn't they?

"Does Han-ol always feel so hopeful when he's empty, void? Oh, how can I fill this emptiness? Like that?"

"...That's not it."

"Listen to what you just recorded. Oh, there's nothing to listen to since you haven't recorded anything."

Kim Han-ol remained silent at Yoon Ha-jun's sarcasm. Being a high school student, being asked by CEO Seo-hoon, and still being a producer. He had been treated fairly.

Slowly, irritation began to build.

And Yoon Ha-jun seemed to feel the same. It had been two hours since they started recording, and they hadn't recorded a single verse. Was this even reasonable?

Chanting "Again" and "Empty" and "Void" endlessly for two hours was exhausting. Yoon Ha-jun wasn't demanding infinite retakes to assert his dominance or control Kim Han-ol's spirit. He was demanding them because he genuinely wasn't satisfied, and there was no improvement.

Yet, Kim Han-ol, mindlessly, sang along to Yoon Ha-jun's demands without any thought.

There was no progress.

"What kind of emotion is 'emptiness' and 'void,' exactly?"

In the end, unable to contain his emotions, Kim Han-ol asked, pressing for an answer. It wasn't just to start an argument; he genuinely didn't understand.

For Kim Han-ol, feelings of emptiness and void were unfamiliar. He always tried to live joyfully. Of course, it was agonizing when the songs didn't come out, but he tried to package that agony as joy. Joy was the most important thing to him. That's why emptiness and void were emotions he couldn't comprehend.