Chapter 2 Part 3

EP2 - Seolwon High School (3)

"I'm sorry!"

The first thing I did after finishing the sketch was to apologize. What was I thinking? Losing myself in the song and causing such inconvenience.

I glance at my phone. The current time is 12:40 AM. The important thing is not the daytime but the nighttime. I came without prior notice and played for three hours straight.

"It's okay. It seems like you suddenly felt inspired, so it happens."

Won Sungmin says, understanding. I smile bitterly at his words. Indeed, this person is also a genius in the end. Inspiration, huh? I've only felt it twice at most despite composing countless songs. Moreover, the songs created with that inspiration were never completed. That's why I don't trust inspiration. Instead, I make songs my own way.

From beginning to end, I create numerous melodies. Then, I string those melodies together, discarding the strange parts. That's my way.

I don't know how to create a complete melody from start to finish, or how to create a key melody. Even now, that's the case.

The reason I played the song for three hours straight this time is because I created many melodies. I can't know how many of those melodies will be discarded and unused.

"If you're that sorry, let me hear the song you composed today later."

"Yes!"

I nod my head.

That's what I wanted.

"I'm really sorry and thank you!"

After thanking Won Sungmin again, I leave Howl Studio. Outside, it has completely darkened.

Cold and dry air. I take it in as I pull out my phone. It's in chaos with messages from Mom.

Six missed calls and about ten messages. It seems like she's worried because her son hasn't come home even after midnight.

First, I reply to her messages and then run home. As I do, I recall the melodies I just created. Although I recorded numerous melodies, the key melody has been decided.

I think about how to connect that melody with others. How about this? What about that? While thinking like this, how will Suyeon digest it?

Lost in such thoughts, I arrive home without realizing it.

Naturally, I got a severe scolding from Mom.

§ § §

Yoon Hajoon's way of making a song is more about carving than creating. He carves and carves the cluster of melodies strung together, leaving only the essentials.

Naturally, a lot of time is spent. Therefore, Yoon Hajoon invested all his time except for Yoon Suyeon's singing lessons, guitar lessons, and studio recording time in making the song.

As a result, the outline of the song began to emerge to some extent. And when Won Sungmin heard that outline, he genuinely admired it.

"It's amazing. Who would have thought such music could come out of that cluster of melodies?"

When Won Sungmin first heard Yoon Hajoon's song, he was astonished. Could this be called a song?

No, this is not a song. If we were to find a fitting expression, it would be a cluster of melodies forced together, rather than a song.

I couldn't even figure out where to start giving feedback. But as time passed, the outline became clearer, and today, it reached a level where it could be recognized as a 'song.'