Chapter 10 Part 5

EP10 - 『Rough』(5)

The recording work for "Rough" officially began. Despite the shabby appearance of the building, the recording equipment at ROC Entertainment was excellent.

"Do you handle the producing and engineering yourself?"

"So far, that's been the case."

"Then, according to the contract, you'll be doing the work yourself, but I'll help when needed."

At the mention of possibly getting involved, Kwon Soo-young nodded. It might have been an uncomfortable topic for other composers, but Yun Ha-joon didn't seem to mind.

To Kwon Soo-young, he was just a high school freshman. Entrusting a song to such a student for an album was already a huge favor.

And above all, Yun Ha-joon himself wanted Kwon Soo-young to get involved. Wouldn't he be willing to share some knowledge if she got involved? Might as well make the most of the opportunity.

"Are you ready?"

Next to him, Jin So-hyang, who had to record today, asked with a somewhat tense expression. She was extremely nervous right now. Not as much as on stage, but still.

Jin So-hyang had already worked on recording with Yun Ha-joon. It was for the AR used on stage. Therefore, she knew. How much of a perfectionist he was.

"...It'll be over in a week, right?"

So she didn't plan on finishing it all in one day today. The AR used on stage took two days to record.

Even then, it took all day of recording, and Yun Ha-joon had to compromise somewhat due to time constraints. But this time, they were recording not for a one-time stage, but for an official track to be included in the album.

Considering his personality, he wouldn't compromise. That's why she was nervous. How much would he push himself? Would he be a bit more gentle since they were in front of the company president?

"Hardly."

Yun Ha-joon wasn't that kind of person. Knowing that, Jin So-hyang sighed. Whether Yun Ha-joon understood her feelings or not, he was busy preparing for the recording.

He turned on the frequently used programs, adjusted the equipment to his liking, and stacked plenty of energy drinks next to him, even though he didn't particularly like them. He also stacked up candies that he had to consume even though he wasn't fond of them.

Once all the preparations were done, Yun Ha-joon said, "Then let's begin."

"Yes."

Jin So-hyang nodded and rose from her seat, entering the recording booth. Meanwhile, Kwon Soo-young watched silently.

How would he work, indeed?

So-hyang had mentioned that he was quite particular about things.

"Are you ready?"

[Yes.]

"Good."

Yun Ha-joon communicated through the microphone and then disconnected. He started playing the melody of "Rough." So-hyang closed her eyes as she listened through her headphones.

It was a song she had sung hundreds, even thousands of times while preparing for the stage.

She knew exactly when and where to come in.

-I don't know.

Me.

This feeling...

"Wait a moment."