Chapter 15 Part 2

EP15 - mm. (2)

Even though the Winter Festival has ended, it doesn't mean that all the first-year classes are over. The most important things are still ahead: the final exams and major tests for the second semester of the first year.

"Hmm."

And right now, I'm sitting on the living room couch, leaning back to prepare for the major tests. For some reason, there's no better place for me to work than here.

Is it because it's comfortable?

Or because it's relaxing?

Well, I don't know the reason, but as long as the work goes well, it's a good thing. I continue working, thinking about that, but then the door opens and Sooyeon enters the house.

"I'm back."

"Did you go to the academy?"

"Yeah."

I respond lightly to her voice, and Sooyeon nods. She's just returned from taking classes with Lee Jiyoon. Oh, come to think of it, didn't Lee Jiyoon ask her to come to the academy once?

Hmm.

When will she go?

Maybe after the major tests are over and I meet with the person who's the representative of mm Entertainment. I'll have to visit the academy after that. After setting the schedule like that, I continue working.

"What are you working on? My song?"

As she speaks, Sooyeon, who has just finished showering, sits on the couch and asks. After feeling the slight dampness that wasn't properly dried off, I answer with a bit of distance.

"No, it's for my major test submission."

"Does that mean I can't sing it?"

"It's not that... I don't know."

I mutter with furrowed brows.

My working style can be divided into two main categories.

First, tailored to the singer.

Literally, I start working with a specific singer in mind. Representative songs include "Da Capo" sung by Kim Taeyoung or songs sung by Sooyeon.

Second, I create the song I want to make and then match it with a person.

Some of the representative songs include the last major test submission song and the upcoming collaboration with Sooyeon, "Recipient Unknown," as well as "Main," which I worked on this time.

Oh, "Blame," which I worked on with Han Goyo, also has a similar feel. However, in the case of "Blame," Han Goyo took the song I had already made, so it's a bit different.

And currently, I'm working in the second way. I'm creating the songs I want to make without knowing who will sing them yet.

Of course, that doesn't mean Sooyeon can't sing this song. She can. But is it a song that suits Sooyeon? Not necessarily.

"I guess my songs aren't really your style, huh?"

"How did you know?"

"It's written all over your face, Oppa. Well, it's okay. Anyway, during the break, you'll make lots of songs for me, right?"

"That's right."

I nod.

While discussions about the contract with mm Entertainment are ongoing, it doesn't mean I've given up on growing my cloud. After all, the purpose of growing the cloud in the first place is not to promote myself but to promote Sooyeon.