Chapter 19 Part 10

EP19 - Strong-Willed Geniuses (10)

"How's the practice going?"

"Huh?"

During break time after class, Yoon Soo-yeon, who was preparing for the next class, looked up at Im Yeon-ji with her textbook in hand in response to her somewhat abrupt question.

"Practice?"

"For the freshman concert. You're going to compete with Jung Jin-hoo there, right?"

"Compete?"

Yoon Soo-yeon replied incredulously, as if she couldn't believe it. And at that response, Im Yeon-ji blinked. Huh, does she just plan to let it slide?

Or is she pretending to be kind? No, that's not it. Soo-yeon would never just let it slide. It's not like her to overlook her brother's insult.

While Im Yeon-ji was pondering this, Yoon Soo-yeon added to her response.

"I'm much better at singing, so how can we compete? I'm just telling you the reality."

At those words, Im Yeon-ji, as expected, sighed and nodded in acknowledgment. Yeah, there's no way Soo-yeon would just let that go.

When it comes to singing ability and her brother, she's more serious than anyone else.

"So, is practice for facing reality going well?"

"Well, sort of."

"And singing? Your brother's helping with that, right?"

"Of course."

"Great."

Im Yeon-ji responded with a satisfied expression to Yoon Soo-yeon's answer. And in response, Yoon Soo-yeon furrowed her brow slightly and looked at Im Yeon-ji.

"What's so great about it?"

"Well, because you're doing well. I want to cheer you on since you got into an argument with a friend."

Im Yeon-ji hurriedly replied to Yoon Soo-yeon, who was looking at her suspiciously. And then she swallowed nervously. It wouldn't be revealed that she made a bet with a friend about tteokbokki, right?

"So, what song are you working on this time?"

Just in case it might be revealed, Im Yeon-ji changed the subject. Not just for the sake of changing the subject, though. She was genuinely curious.

Im Yeon-ji had listened to every song Yoon Soo-yeon had sung so far. And every time, she was in awe. Yoon Soo-yeon's growth rate was impressive, but more so were the songs made by Yoon Ha-jun.

The quality was so outstanding that it was hard to believe they were made by a high school student. So, Im Yeon-ji had hoped to receive songs under the pretext of being her brother's friend later on.

"That seems impossible."

It seems like Yoon Ha-jun intends to make songs only for Yoon Soo-yeon. He had already signed a contract as a professional producer and even made his debut.

Thinking about that, it was somewhat disappointing. Hmm. No, maybe? Who knows, maybe Soo-yeon will do a duet with him later on? The company Im Yeon-ji was affiliated with as a trainee is CR (Crops).

CR, along with SS (Stars), is considered one of the two major agencies in South Korea. And CR's biggest feature is its very relaxed atmosphere.

So, maybe Soo-yeon and Im Yeon-ji could do activities together in a duet later on and receive Yoon Ha-jun's songs? While Im Yeon-ji was thinking about that, Yoon Soo-yeon scratched her neck.