Chapter 9 Part 3

EP9 - Giant Killing (3)

"Yeah, I think that's enough. Let's take a little break."

"······Sure."

At the words of Yoo Sung-eun, a graduate of Seowon High School and currently active as a composer, Han Goyo nods. Then, she sits down and starts drinking chocolate milk.

Watching Han Goyo sip her milk through a straw, Yoo Sung-eun sighs. She agreed to help prepare the graduation ceremony and concert opening stage at the request of the teachers, but she didn't expect her partner to be like this.

Of course, she knows. The Seowon High School tradition is that the first-year students with the most exceptional talents handle the graduation ceremony and concert opening stage. But there should be limits. What kind of first-year student is at this level?

"The teachers weren't exaggerating when they said she's top-tier."

There's no denying it. At that level, she's a top-tier genius. She could handle any song amazingly well. Especially with ballads, she could even record and release them as they are.

"Why isn't someone like her debuting?"

Did the people at the entertainment agencies suddenly become blind? No, that's not it. She's the top student at Seowon, and on top of that, she's beautiful. Although she emits an anxious atmosphere that seems like she might break, even that is felt as charm.

Korean entertainment agencies aren't stupid enough to let someone like her slip away. While Yoo Sung-eun ponders over such matters, Han Goyo continues drinking her chocolate milk.

This vacation has been quite satisfying for Han Goyo. She has to be at school from morning to night, so being able to escape from the suffocating atmosphere of her home is a relief.

That alone makes the vacation meaningful for her. However, sometimes she feels a sense of emptiness. No, should she call it regret? Or emptiness?

A strange feeling.

Certainly, she always feels empty.

"······Ah."

Before she knows it, all the chocolate milk is gone. Realizing this, Han Goyo gets up from her seat. Then, she says to Yoo Sung-eun,

"I'll go buy some more milk."

"Oh, yeah. Sure."

With that said, Han Goyo left the practice room. She headed to a nearby convenience store and bought three chocolate milks before heading back to the practice room.

As she was walking, she suddenly stopped. It was because the back of the person who had been in front of her just now felt somewhat familiar. That frustrating curly hair just by looking at it.

No way, could it be? Han Goyo tilted her head, entertaining such thoughts. That couldn't be. He said he's currently working on music with his younger sibling.

There's no way someone like him would come to school during vacation. While thinking that, her gaze followed where the person had disappeared to.

She still felt a sense of emptiness.

The reason, as always, remained unknown.

§ § §

At night, she works on the song with Suyeon, and during the day, she arranges Jinsol's song. Even though it's vacation, she only meets a couple of people. It's just Jinsol and Suyeon.

And even then, it's for work. She meets Jinsol for meetings, and she talks to Suyeon about the song for their collaboration.

Still, thanks to that, the progress of the song is going smoothly. For now, the work on the song Jinsol will sing is almost finished. It's just the collaboration with Suyeon that...