Chapter 20 Part 4

EP20 - A Brief Rest (4)

"Don't forget that water can be dangerous. Don't take off the life jacket you're wearing no matter what happens. Even though this isn't school, act with pride as students of Seolwon High School. That's all."

With that said, Park Jong-seo took a deep breath. The students swallowed hard at his words. Seeing their reactions, Park Jong-seo shot them a sharp look and spoke loudly.

"Enjoy yourselves until the assembly time!"

"Wow!"

As soon as Park Jong-seo finished speaking, the students from Seolwon High School's Practical Music Department cheered and rushed off to the water park. Seeing their excitement, Park Jong-seo smiled contentedly.

The destination of this year's Practical Music Department's school trip is Neverland, the top amusement park in South Korea. On the first day, they will play in the water park in the morning and watch the parade at night. On the second day, they will have free time at the amusement park in the morning and enjoy the stage performance in the evening, including a chess competition.

The schedule is quite short, only 2 nights and 3 days, but Neverland is the most popular school trip destination for students. And the same goes for the students of the Practical Music Department.

The students from the Practical Music Department were really giving it their all to enjoy the water park. Some students lazily floated in the lazy river like jellyfish, while others flew around in the wave pool.

Some students joyfully got soaked by falling water, while others screamed as they rode down water slides. Each student was having fun in their own way. And at the center of it all was Kim Tae-young. Kim Tae-young was having the time of his life, enjoying the water park as if it were a matter of life and death if he didn't.

He went down long water slides, got splashed with water, and flew through high waves in the wave pool. And amidst students like Kim Tae-young, there were also leisurely students.

"Your stamina is impressive."

"That's the only advantage I have."

It was none other than Yoon Ha-jun and Han Go-yo. The two were leisurely floating in the youth pool on tubes. They could ride other attractions like water slides if they wanted, but neither of them enjoyed that kind of activity.

And above all, they had to play hard again tomorrow. So, they decided to take it easy today. Yoon Ha-jun hummed a tune while enjoying the cool water of the lazy river.

Intrigued by the humming, Han Go-yo asked, with an expression full of interest, "Is that a song you made for Sing Star?"

"Yeah, something like that."

"How many songs have you prepared?"

"If you're asking about preparation, not completion, about 15 songs roughly?"

Fifteen songs. Of course, not all of them are complete, but they're still songs composed by Yoon Ha-jun. Plus, with Yoon Su-yeon on vocals. You can't underestimate that.

"Will Sing Star be the first time you're up against her?"

"It's not the first time. We faced each other at the last Seolwon Concert, remember?"

"Well... it wasn't exactly a face-off."

Sure, he helped Jin So-hyang back then, but it wasn't like he was trying to outshine Go-yo. No, really. He might have shouted "I'll beat Han Go-yo!" but it wasn't sincere.

In reality, he advised So-hyang to focus on her own performance rather than trying to outdo Go-yo. He even told her not to be conscious of Go-yo.

Well, he might have said something about an underdog or giant killing, but it was more about breaking out of his shell, not about trying to defeat Go-yo.