Chapter 4 Part 1

EP4 - Silence (1)

Ha Hyo-joo was an excellent teacher.

Indeed, one could say she was a teacher at Seolwon High School.

She understood my explanations incredibly well.

And she always reminded me that her words were not always the correct answers, providing feedback, which I really appreciated.

"So, you're going with Teacher Ha Hyo-joo?"

"Yeah."

"What about the other teachers' classes?"

"From what I've heard, there's no need to bother with them."

Listening to other students' stories gives you a rough idea of how the classes are conducted. Rather than wasting four weeks experiencing it firsthand, it's better to choose the teacher you want now.

"Still, I envy you. Finding a teacher you like right from the start."

"You don't like yours?"

"Not at all. From the very first class, he kept nagging us not to make fun of singing."

As Kim Tae-young said this, she shook her head as if in frustration. Hearing that, I think I know whose class Kim Tae-young attended.

"Was it Jin Man-soo's class?"

"How did you know?"

"He's a famous figure."

I was also one of his students in a previous life.

He's undeniably skilled, but he's rough around the edges, and his personality is quite picky.

That's why opinions about him vary greatly.

"But he really sings well. If the other teachers' classes aren't great, might as well stick with his. We don't have time until the event, so we need to choose a teacher quickly."

"Ah."

At Kim Tae-young's words, I couldn't help but make a surprised sound. Come to think of it, there was an event. Wait, why did I forget about that?

The event.

The festival held at Silum High School twice a year is something akin to a festival. But it's not exactly a festival. While outsiders can attend festivals, only students from the Silum Music Department can attend the events, except for the events organized by the third-year students.

Simply put, it's a kind of stage experience.

And the first event for the first-year students is in June.

"What are you going to do?"

What Kim Tae-young is asking right now is how I'm going to present myself on stage. For vocal majors, it's enough to sing at the event, but for composition majors, there are two main options.

The first is to perform the piece they composed on the piano.

And the second is to invite a vocalist to perform on stage.

In this case, from stage direction to every aspect of the performance, it's up to the composer.

"I'll go with inviting a vocalist."

That works out well. Experience is crucial for stage direction. I can't afford to miss out on that limited experience.

"But won't you perform yourself?"

"No."

I've already given up on singing, so I don't particularly want to take the stage just for the sake of stage experience. Hmm, if the event is in June, then it's almost time for performance practice.