Chapter 9 Part 5

EP9 - Giant Killing (5)

."Let's do it one more time."

"Ah, yeah. Th-That, sure. Let's do that. Yeah."

At Han Goyo's words, Yu Seongeun nods with a bewildered expression. What should she say? Since the middle stage, Han Goyo has been acting strange.

Before the middle stage, Han Goyo was a very quiet child. Just doing what was asked of her? That alone was sufficient. No, it was more than enough.

But now, she is unusually passionate. Of course, it's good for a singer to be passionate for a composer as well. The problem is that Han Goyo's current appearance is not just simply passionate.

It's like an obsession with the stage, or should she say, it feels crazy, almost frighteningly manic. The problem is that even as she does this, Han Goyo's skills noticeably improve.

She was already incredibly talented, but now there's a sense of intimidation. Even though it's a small performance room, she makes the stage entirely her own.

As if this stage is only for her.

Like she's showing off to someone.

It's truly unbelievable. Surely, she thought it was the peak, but she shows a higher peak. However, she might collapse if she keeps this up. That's worrying.

But at the same time, it's anticipated. What if she goes on stage in that state? A truly unbelievable stage will come out. There might be a masterpiece in her life that she can't produce again.

With that thought, Yu Seongeun clenched her fist.

"I'll do it again."

"Ah, yeah."

Still, it's scary indeed.

§ § §

After finishing the middle stage, we put more effort into rehearsals. There's not much time left until the recital and concert. During this time, we polished our stage even more for perfection.

"For props, red ribbons should be fine, right?"

"Yeah, that's right. As for costumes, that's settled. What about accessories?"

"I don't think we need rings. How about bracelets and um, chokers?"

"That sounds good."

Starting from the stage costumes,

"The lighting will start with red at first, then change to purple."

"What about during the dance part?"

"All surrounding lights will be turned off, leaving only a spotlight on you."

"Sounds good."

Discussing the lighting.

"It's better to start the fan from the middle part, right?"

"Yeah, that's right. In the beginning, I'll be on top, so I'll use myself, and the fan can be used from the middle to the end."

"Okay."

Props to be used for stage direction,

"In the beginning, someone will be sitting on the chair, and at the end, there will be an empty chair, right?"

"Yeah. At the end, it's that feeling of thinking about someone who left because of obsession? But it shouldn't express longing or anything sentimental."

"I understand. He still thinks he's here, right?"

"That's right."

Even discussing the stage concept. We continue to talk. Now, even if we want to make changes, we can't. It's a choice that cannot be reversed.