Chapter 19 Part 12

EP19 - Two Strong-Willed Geniuses (12)

Mid-May.

The corridors of Seolwon High School had transformed magnificently.

It wasn't because of the event with Silum, but rather due to the midterm evaluation conducted by the Art Department. During the midterm evaluation, artwork is displayed in the corridors, and the pieces that receive the highest praise are exhibited separately.

Of course, grades are evaluated separately by the teachers.

Although it's only an exhibition.

Nevertheless, the corridors were filled with artwork created by students from the Art Department. As Yun Soo-yeon walked down the corridor, she suddenly stopped in front of one particular painting and stared blankly at it.

"Why are you like that?"

Yun Soo-yeon's friend, Im Yeon-ji, who was walking with her, asked as she turned to face Yun Soo-yeon. Yun Soo-yeon pointed at the painting she was looking at and said,

"Doesn't this painting look strangely like our brother?"

"Your brother?"

"Yeah."

"Hmm."

At that, Im Yeon-ji stared at the painting intently, as detailed as possible. So, from Soo-yeon's perspective, this resembles her brother?

"...Where exactly?"

Is her eyesight okay? No, regardless of the resemblance, the face isn't even there to begin with. Yeah, in the painting Yun Soo-yeon is looking at, there's no face.

Instead, a black circle occupies that space, resembling a smile. It's kind of creepy to look at.

Should I say it feels eerie?

"It's either the smiling or the standing pose. It's just like our brother."

"I'm not sure. Well, if you say so, then I guess it is."

She probably knows better than me. But the important thing right now isn't this painting. Lunchtime is almost over. Im Yeon-ji grabbed Yun Soo-yeon's wrist and said,

"We'll check it out later. For now, let's just eat."

"Oh, yeah. Sure."

With that, Yun Soo-yeon nodded her head and resumed her steps. Nonetheless, she occasionally glanced at the painting.

More precisely, at the name tag attached underneath the painting.

[Seoa]

§ § §

After all the classes were over, during the time for heading home, Yun Soo-yeon sat in the practice room, looking at Han Go-yo. That day, after Yun Soo-yeon had made a request to Han Go-yo, the two of them started private lessons after school.

Well, to be more precise, it was closer to a 1:1 concert than private lessons. So when Han Go-yo sang, it was a time for Yun Soo-yeon to listen and contemplate on her own.

"Seriously."

As soon as Han Go-yo started singing with a light stretch of her throat, Yun Soo-yeon watched her, scratching her thumb with her index fingernail.

It was something she felt even when she first heard "Blame", but Han Go-yo was truly an incredible person. Of course, her singing ability was remarkable, but more than that, her ability to appeal and convey emotions was unbelievable.

Since receiving that song, Yun Soo-yeon hadn't even talked to her brother about it. How could she sing that song so perfectly?

Yun Soo-yeon bit her lower lip. She thought she could catch up soon. She thought there wasn't much time left.