Chapter 16 Part 2

EP16 - 『Drop Pop』 (2)

As I decided to seriously cultivate Cloud, I immediately started working with Su-yeon. Instead of creating new songs right away, we proceeded with recording on the existing ones.

And we had to compromise to some extent. Originally, we would have to put our hearts and souls into each song, but due to time constraints, it wasn't possible.

So, we had to give up on some details. We have to upload two songs a week, and if we pay attention to every little detail, there's no way we can meet the schedule.

"So now, Jun, you're a professional composer too."

"Well, since I signed a contract with the company, I guess I am a professional, but it feels a bit strange to be called a professional composer. I haven't officially released any music yet."

"Didn't you say you're releasing 'Rough' soon?"

"Oh, the album that includes that song is coming out in the second week of January."

The next album of Hwayangyeonhwa will be released in the second week of January. Come to think of it, is that going to be my debut song? Well, it was a song I worked on before signing with the company.

Moreover, 'Rough' isn't a song released under my name. My name will just be listed there. So, I don't consider it my debut song.

"Oh, then when we sign with the company, we also have to sign a contract with them?"

"Yes, that's how it works."

"Anyway, congratulations."

"Thank you."

I smile at Won Seong-min's congratulations. We record at Howl Studio and do finishing touches at home.

And we upload the first song of the Winter Project (named by Su-yeon) to Cloud. And comments immediately come in. I check the channel with the notification.

The person who commented was a foreigner whose name I didn't know.

I scratch my chin at the sight.

I thought it would be Somsom for sure. Come to think of it, Somsom's comments have been scarce lately. Did they leave because I haven't been uploading?

Or are they disappointed and leaving because of the lack of detail? While I'm pondering this, Su-yeon says,

"After this winter break, there will probably be more people leaving comments, right?"

"That's right. But these days, Somsom hasn't been leaving comments."

Curious if Su-yeon would know, I asked, and she replied with a smile, "I've been really busy lately, so I haven't been able to check every day. So, I left a comment apologizing."

"Oh, really?"

Well, nothing much I can do about it then. Real life is important after all. With that question answered, I resumed working with Su-yeon.

Even though we've compromised on quality, it doesn't mean we'll only upload existing songs. We plan to work on new songs, ones that can showcase Su-yeon's charm.

"I want to sing a song that's kind of bouncy this time!"

"Bouncy?"

"Yeah, like a song that leaps through the air. A feeling of jumping in the sky? You know, there are songs that feel like walking on clouds."

What kind of song feels like walking on clouds...

I furrow my brow at Su-yeon's abstract expression.

"For example, what kind of song?"