Chapter 14 Part 1

EP14 - Main. (1)

Lunchtime. Heading to the practice room to meet the student Jin Sohyang and Han Goyo had arranged to see. Han Goyo acknowledged him as someone Kang Seonghoon had assigned work to.

Is there such a person? I searched my memory, but no one comes to mind. If he's that notable, he should have left an impression on me.

Soon, I arrive at the practice room.

I open the door and step inside.

No student has arrived yet; the practice room, our meeting place, is empty. Hmm, should I work while waiting? I sit down and turn on my laptop.

Originally, three students were supposed to come together. But Han Goyo was suddenly called by the teacher, and Jin Sohyang said she wouldn't be able to come until the afternoon due to her schedule.

So, I ended up meeting that student one-on-one.

Well, it doesn't really matter much.

I continue working with that thought in mind. How long have I been working? Lost in concentration, I realize lunchtime is almost over.

Still not here? I lift my head with that thought, and I notice someone sitting in the corner of the practice room. Startled by their presence, I stand up from my seat.

"Have you finished your work?"

The girl asks me. Furrowing my brows at her question, I nod my head. Oh, I didn't even realize she came because I was focused on my work.

"Uh, yes... Sorry."

I was about to speak informally, but I notice the color of her nametag and switch to formal language. Her green nametag is different from the blue one on my uniform.

The person Jin Sohyang and Han Goyo arranged to meet was none other than a sophomore. Well, it's not a big deal. They said the Winter Festival project is a joint effort between the first and second years, so it's okay to work together, but I didn't expect him to be a sophomore.

"You're Yun Hajun, right?"

"Yes, and your name is...?"

I stare at her nametag intently.

Seo Chaerim.

That's what was written on her nametag.

A name I've never heard before.

"Are you Senior Seo Chaerim?"

"Yeah."

Senior Seo Chaerim nodded with a refreshing smile. It was the same thought I had earlier; her voice is incredibly husky.

It's not the typical huskiness associated with women. Nor is it masculine. If anything, it's neutral? It's a bit higher-toned than the average male voice, yet lower and huskier than a typical female voice.

Just by listening to her voice, it's hard to tell if she's a man or a woman.

"You want to work on the project with Sohyang and me, right?"

I nod in response to her straightforward question. Her straightforwardness is refreshing; I like it. Seo Chaerim crosses her arms and taps her forearm while pondering something, then speaks to me.

"Was the song you were working on just now the one I think it was?"

"No. That was a separate project I was working on."

"Oh, I see. That's a relief. I was going to decline if it was that song. It's not that the song isn't good. It just doesn't suit me."

"I agree."