Chapter 14 Part 4

EP14 - Main. (4)

As the harmony of the songs began to fall into place, we started practicing earnestly. So, after classes, we would practice in the school rehearsal room, and on weekends when the school was closed, we would rent a nearby practice room for rehearsals.

Everyone must have their own stage to prepare for, yet they helped me with such passion for my stage. I truly appreciate it. And for their sake as well, I poured everything into preparing for the stage.

I prepared in every possible way for the staging required for the performance. While trying to showcase the charms of those three as much as possible, I also thought of staging that would highlight the charm of the song.

This song resembled a drawing called "Freedom" that inspired it. Like that drawing, which might seem like graffiti at first glance, it might feel chaotic at first listen.

The song was divided into three chapters, each with a different atmosphere. The first chapter, handled by Jin Sohyang, had a very heavy atmosphere with a slow tempo in the low register.

Even the most prominent instrument, the drums, could be likened to 'Boom Bap Hip-Hop' if we were to classify the genre of the first chapter. And the second part, handled by Seo Chaerim, had a medium-low range and a faster tempo compared to Jin Sohyang.

I think it's close to ballad rock in terms of genre. Seo Chaerim's unique husky voice sang the song as if scratching, sometimes sounding like metal.

And finally,

Han Goyo's part.

Han Goyo's part is the most hectic part of this song. Starting from the very beginning, the pitch is extremely high, and the tempo is incredibly fast. The song rushes like a hurricane.

Honestly, if it weren't for Han Goyo, no one could handle such a part. Who could digest such a thing? Pronunciation must be accurate, and you need a voice that doesn't get lost in the hectic and huge melody.

Moreover, it has to smoothly reach high notes. Among those in Seowon High School, only Han Goyo can do all this.

So, this song starts with hip-hop, transitions to ballad rock, and ends with rock. Even the lyrics tell different stories in each chapter.

Jin Sohyang's lyrics sing about the future against the dark beat, Seo Chaerim's lyrics sing about love, and Han Goyo's part sings about melancholy.

So, in fact, it's like cramming three songs into one. Naturally, the song could be chaotic. The reason why such a song doesn't sound chaotic and flows like one song is that there are parts that connect each chapter seamlessly.

Would it be easier to express it as relay running? Anyway, the fact that I made such a song is so amazing that it's hard to believe.

So this is why artists are always seeking inspiration. Anyway, since each singer brings a different mood to the song, the staging needs to be different for each person.

What I want is staging that makes it feel like each person is on a different stage while still having some unity as if we're all singing the same song.

I sketch out the stages I envision in my notebook. It's a bit challenging since we have limited props to work with.

First, we'll dress each person differently and use slightly different lighting, and then...

"So."

As I'm sketching out the stage in my notebook, Jin Sohyang speaks up loudly. I look up at her, feeling a bit caught off guard by her sudden interruption.