Chapter 4 Part 2

Episode 4 - Han Goyo (2)

Let's talk about Han Goyo for a moment.

Han Goyo.

Majoring in Vocal at Silum High School.

Among the students with outstanding talent who come to Silum High School, she stands out as a genius among geniuses. Not only in singing but also in academics, she excels. Has she ever missed a perfect score in either written or practical exams until graduation? She truly embodies the ideal of being well-rounded. And on top of that, she's pretty, so it's natural that numerous entertainment agencies covet her.

In fact, since entering school, she has consistently received love calls from entertainment agencies. Naturally, people didn't doubt that Han Goyo would become a remarkable singer.

I was no exception.

But she didn't become a singer.

After graduating from Silum High School, Han Goyo suddenly disappeared. She didn't go to any art schools or music colleges, nor did she debut as a singer. She simply vanished.

Everyone felt sorry for her.

At the same time, they were curious.

Why didn't she become a singer?

Why did she disappear?

What is she doing now?

But Han Goyo, who could have provided those answers, had already disappeared. And now, that same Han Goyo is standing in front of me. It's natural for her to regress back to being a high school student, but still.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

As I stare blankly at Han Goyo, she asks me. As expected, her voice is indifferent. It's hard to say if her voice even has any modulation.

There's no sense of interest or curiosity about people.

"Oh, sorry."

"If you have nothing to say, could you please step aside?"

"Sure."

Nodding, I move aside. Then Han Goyo passes by me and exits the practice room. As Han Goyo moves away, Kim Taeyoung murmurs quietly.

"Don't you get chills from her?"

"Huh?"

"Isn't there something eerie about her? Like she's not a person, but a doll? It feels like she's lacking basic emotions."

I understand what he's saying. There's definitely that feeling. The sound of her light footsteps gradually fades away. Turning my body as I listen to the sound, I think it would be nice to work with Han Goyo, but that's impossible.

Han Goyo is indifferent to people. She doesn't even greet people, let alone participate in rehearsals. And after graduation, she'll disappear.

So I stopped caring about Han Goyo.

To me, the rapidly approaching lunchtime is more important than some unknown genius.

§ § §

"So, this is the song you made?"

"Yeah."

Kim Taeyoung, after listening to "Runaway," asked with astonishment.

I nod in response.

"Is it okay?"

"Is this at an acceptable level?"

Kim Taeyoung asks again, as if incredulous, and replays "Runaway." Even though he's listened to it several times already. Seems like he quite likes it.