Chapter 20 Part 3

EP20 - A Brief Rest (3)

Despite the upcoming field trip, the atmosphere with Si-eum wasn't particularly bright. It was because there was a very important exam before that. The final exam, and the first semester major exam, to be exact.

"What are you going to submit for this major exam?"

"I'm going to submit the song I've already made."

Answering Kim Tae-young's question, Si-eum yawned leisurely. Since she had decided to take it easy until the field trip, she hadn't prepared a separate song for the major exam.

She had plenty of existing songs anyway. Among them, she just needed to submit the most completed one. So, which of the songs I've made is the most complete?

Of course, it's the song "To Live," the one I gave to Su-yeon this time. Frankly, I think "To Live" alone is enough to receive a scholarship.

Would the teachers say anything if I submitted a pre-made song? Other kids also got evaluated for the major exam by singing songs performed at events, didn't they?

"What about you?"

"Well, I'm a vocal major, so I'll just sing whatever. After all, I sing all the time at the company."

"Okay, okay."

I replied leisurely and lay down on the desk. Hmm, have I been sleeping well at night these days? I can't sleep now, though. But it's already too late to start studying for the final exam.

And I decided to take a break, so it feels a bit off to study.

"So, what have you been up to lately?"

"Huh?"

"Well, you said you're not making songs these days and just taking a break. It's hard to imagine you just resting without making songs."

I couldn't help but chuckle at Kim Tae-young's somewhat serious tone, even furrowing my brow slightly. No, is that something to be so serious about?

"Well, not much different from the others. Watching movies, reading books, listening to other songs."

So, it's a new hobby activity combined with studying. Well, it's not anything remarkable as studying. Just watching music videos and studying about music video directing.

Like studying scenes while watching movies or dramas, just like when I made a song for Kim Han-ol last time. That's the plan.

And actually, this is considered studying. I'm just enjoying dramas or movies that I haven't seen before. Studying is just a side dish, right?

"Hmm. So you're just a regular person too."

"Well, then I'm a person. Am I a song-making machine?"

"I thought you were."

With a smiling face, Kim Tae-young said that, and I playfully kicked his calf with my foot.

"Ow!! Why'd you kick me so hard!"

"Just behave yourself."

Actually, I just felt like teasing him.

§ § §

"This year's freshmen seem a bit disappointing."

"I agree."

In response to the department head Lee Sang-gyu's words, teacher Kim Jin-gyu replied promptly. It's not about flattering, but because they genuinely think so.

In fact, other teachers are also nodding in agreement with Lee Sang-gyu and Kim Jin-gyu's opinions. There's only one teacher who doesn't sympathize with their opinion.