Chapter 19 Part 14

EP19 - Two Strong-Willed Geniuses (14)

The freshman concert this time is an event that everyone, both students and teachers alike, is looking forward to. While the freshman concert has always been anticipated as the first stage to assess the freshmen's abilities, this time, the anticipation is particularly high.

And there are two main reasons for that.

Firstly, it's the battle between the top and second place. Of course, it's not uncommon for there to be tension between the students ranked top and second at Seolwon High School.

As students of Seolwon, they naturally have strong pride and confidence in their talents. And among them are the top and second place students. Naturally, their pride and confidence are exceptionally high.

Therefore, the top and second place students often clash with each other consciously. However, there has never been a direct confrontation between the top and second place students like this year's freshmen have shown.

At most, there would have been petty arguments. As a result, not only the students but also the teachers have taken great interest. After all, there's nothing more entertaining than watching a fight.

And secondly, the second place student happens to be Yoonhajun's younger brother. Yoonhajun's brother, who has always presented legendary performances at events and festivals.

Now, with Yoonhajun's brother as the second place student and the top place student who defeated him, it's natural for expectations to skyrocket endlessly.

In a way, Yoonhajun is at the center of all this anticipation. Well, it's not wrong to say that Yoonhajun is the cause of the rivalry between the top and second place students.

And what is Yoonhajun, who is at the center of this freshman concert, doing?

"Yawn."

He's in the midst of yawning deeply. His eyes, already looking lethargic, seem even sleepier than usual. Seeing this, Han Goyo, who was beside him, asked with a concerned tone.

"Are you okay? You look really sleepy."

"I didn't get much sleep last night, so I'm a bit tired."

"Well, did you make any songs yesterday? Or are you worried about your brother's performance, perhaps?"

Upon Yoonhajun's response, Kim Taeyoung, who was sitting across from Han Goyo, chuckled and asked, but Yoonhajun firmly kept his mouth shut. In response, Kim Taeyoung looked perplexed and said,

"No, seriously? Are you for real?"

For real? Did you really lose sleep worrying about your brother's performance? The renowned Yoonhajun? The guy who brushed off calls even when he was performing on stage? Is this guy really that much of a fool? While Kim Taeyoung was having such thoughts, Yoonhajun subtly furrowed his brow.

Is it because he didn't get enough sleep yesterday? Or is it because it's summer now, and the sun is hot and humid? Or maybe it's just too hot?

There might be various reasons, but there's a sense of sensitivity more than usual. While Yoonhajun is trying to suppress the building irritation, the true stars of the freshman concert, Jung Jinhoo and Yoon Suyeon, have finished their rehearsal and are waiting for other students to finish theirs.

"Phew."

Jung Jinhoo sighs deeply and looks up to gaze at Yoon Suyeon. Still, Yoon Suyeon isn't looking in their direction. For some reason, he doesn't like that at all.

"Arrogant."

He's barely even the second topic.

Acting so nonchalant.