Chapter 13 part 6

EP14.5 - Da Capo (6)

Kim Taeyoung sits in front of the piano, wearing a tense expression.

At this moment, the most frightening thing for Kim Taeyoung isn't the audience in the seats or Yoon Hajun who composed the song, but the piano right in front of him.

Although it doesn't look worn out thanks to consistent maintenance, it's still a very old piano. Kim Taeyoung doesn't even know exactly how old it is.

This piano has been in Kim Taeyoung's house since a very young age, before Kim Taeyoung even started kindergarten.

As if it were a natural part of the house.

"Maybe it's even older than me."

In his childhood, instead of his mother's lullabies, Kim Taeyoung listened to the piano playing. And as he started to walk, he began to play the piano himself.

Well, can that even be called playing?

He merely tapped the keys with his small fingers.

And that was Kim Taeyoung's starting point.

Since then, Kim Taeyoung has played this piano. Whether attending academies, learning from teachers who recognized his talent, winning awards at competitions, or even after receiving sponsorship from a leading piano company with global recognition.

He continued to play this piano.

As naturally as breathing, as a matter of course.

But that playing came to an end after the accident. Since then, Kim Taeyoung hasn't played this piano even once.

"It's been a while since I sat here."

He can't even remember properly. He deliberately avoided it so much. Kim Taeyoung let out a rough breath. The excitement he felt just moments ago vanished as if it were a lie.

At the same time, the clothes he was wearing felt suffocating. The outfit Kim Taeyoung is wearing now is the one prepared for the competition he couldn't participate in due to the accident.

Although it's shorter in the sleeves and length due to his increased height since then, he still chose to wear it. To bring closure.

He lightly stretches his fingers and closes his eyes, then opens them again.

Then he nodded towards the staff.

It meant he was ready.

At the same time, the dark stage was illuminated. Yellow lights shone on Kim Taeyoung. People were surprised by this sight.

Surely, Kim Taeyoung prepared the piano. People murmured with anticipation. Upon hearing that sound, Yoon Hajun let out a light sigh.

While others may not know, Yoon Hajun does.

He knows what mindset Kim Taeyoung stood in front of the piano with.

That's why Yoon Hajun felt extremely frustrated. Various emotions plagued Yoon Hajun. Sorry, admiration, and gratitude. And various other emotions.

Yoon Hajun clenched his fist, containing all those emotions.

Soon, the melody flowed from the installed speakers.

Kim Taeyoung began to sing along with the melody.

Remember the first moment.

The times we spent together.

Through the microphone installed on the piano,

His voice flowed out.

In a very low voice.