Chapter 4 Part 3

Since that day, I've been running into Han Goyo more often.

Not that we engage in conversation or anything. At most, we nod lightly when our eyes meet. It's not even a proper greeting.

"What's up with her?"

"What do you mean?"

"Han Goyo. Doesn't it seem like we see her often these days?"

"Well, we share the same practice room. It's natural to run into each other if we both use it frequently like we do."

"True."

I nod. Kim Tae-young speaks while roughly tearing apart the splendid afternoon snack (grilled chicken drumsticks) from the cafeteria.

"But why does she keep ignoring me?"

"Huh?"

"I mean, you know. When she makes eye contact with you, she nods every time, but when it's with me, she just turns her head away. Do you know her or something?"

"All I said to her was last time."

"Does she not see me at all?"

Well, it seems normal for Han Goyo. It's actually me who's abnormal. And I'm curious about the reason. Does she have something to look at me for?

But then again, she doesn't speak.

"I don't know."

If she needs something, she'll initiate the conversation.

School life is ridiculously busy.

After classes, I either have major-specific courses or have to practice in the studio until late. Of course, there are students who go home instead of practicing in the studio, but I can't afford that luxury.

To catch up with a genius like Bumjae, I have to invest time. And I can't practice in the studio for too long. Soon, practice sessions for the performance will start, and preparations for events will begin.

When the time comes, even if we want to do self-practice, there's no time. So, Tae-young and I stayed in the studio for as long as possible, often returning home late.

As a result, we had to give up on classes, and naturally, exams too. The midterm exam I took recently resulted in dismal grades.

The worst grades so far.

Quite a depressing score.

With giving up on studying altogether to focus on our work, there's no time to see Sooyeon. Sooyeon also has classes to attend and goes to academies. If we meet on weekdays, it's just a brief exchange of greetings.

Instead, on weekends, we practice all day at Howl Studio. In fact, Howl Studio has become our weekend hideout for Sooyeon and me. And it's all thanks to Won Sungmin.

Won Sungmin doesn't charge except for studio recording. It's an investment in talented juniors. Surely, Sooyeon is worth investing in.

"It's a shame."

Taking a break during lessons.

Sooyeon, who was practicing singing, murmured.

"What's wrong?"

"I want to learn and sing more, but there's no time. I know it's unavoidable, but..."

Sooyeon scratches the cap of the water bottle with her fingernail. It hurts to see her like that. In fact, I also want to work more with Sooyeon.

Sooyeon still has many shortcomings. No matter how talented she is, it's useless if she doesn't hone it. But there's just not enough time.

"For now, let's do as much as we can."