Chapter 12 Part 1

EP12 - Festival (1)

In life, there are sometimes very important crossroads. And depending on the person, there are cases where they choose their own path with their own strength.

That's the case for me right now. I hold my breath. I look at the faces around me. Everyone's expression is sharp. It's hard to believe they're the same people who used to laugh and chatter joyfully.

"Are we ready?"

The class president, Moon Sung-gwang, asks. At his words, the others nod. At the same time, their breathing stops, and Moon Sung begins to speak slowly.

"If you don't show, you lose! Rock-paper-scissors!"

Swiftly, he extends his hand. And he looks around.

Moon Sung-gwang looks, the other two look,

And me?

Scissors.

After confirming that, I quietly raise my hand. I won. I did it. I've chosen an important crossroads in life with my own strength.

"Then I'll decide the order for our team as the representative, right?"

The others nod with a trembling expression. Seeing their faces, I let out a chuckle. We're currently deciding the order of the festival stage.

After the midterms, the festival is approaching. With that, the school is starting to liven up overall. Seolwon High School's festival will last for two days.

On the first day, during lunchtime, there will be various events like a flea market selling items including the sports competition. And in the evening, there will be a special stage by the traditional music and practical music departments.

And on the second day. The alpha and omega of the festival. Various clubs are preparing events, and the art department is holding an exhibition by exhibiting various items. The entertainment department is preparing various events.

And in the evening, there will be a stage by the traditional music and vocal music departments. From various entertainment planning agencies to nearby residents, it's the highlight of the festival.

So, the stage order is a very important issue. There's also subtle competition. It's not just a competition between even-numbered and odd-numbered classes.

It's a competition between different departments standing on the same stage, like between the traditional music and practical music departments. Although there are no judges or scores for the festival, still, who presented a more splendid stage is considered important.

It may seem like childish arrogance, but when you think about it, they're high school students. They're still young and enjoy playing around at that age.

Well, the important thing is that I can set it up in the order I want. Seolwon High School has a somewhat old-fashioned vibe, what can I say.

First-year students go first, then second-year students, and lastly third-year students. That's how it goes. Personally, I'd like to perform in the later slots, but that's not possible.

"Then I'll go fourth."

"Our class will go last?"

"Yeah."

It's not feasible to put Su-yeon, who has no stage experience, first. Plus, there aren't many people early on in the event. We can't put Su-yeon on such a stage.

"But who are you going to put on your stage?"

As I pondered about the stage in my head, Moon Sung-gwang asked me. And at Moon Sung-gwang's question, the others nodded.