Chapter 5 Part 3

EP5 - In Between (3) 

Kang Seong-hoon grew up under the guidance of his father, a music critic, and his mother, a violinist. It was natural for Kang Seong-hoon, raised under parents who made a living from music, to take an interest in music.

From a young age, he learned various instruments and even started singing in elementary school. However, those activities didn't capture Kang Seong-hoon's interest.

He wanted to be the one creating music rather than just singing it. So, Kang Seong-hoon began composing. Along the way, he set himself a goal.

To create the best popular music.

Some might look down on self-proclaimed artists, but Kang Seong-hoon paid no mind. He simply quietly made music.

However, he didn't solely focus on music. He also studied diligently. As a result, Kang Seong-hoon entered Seolwon High School as an honor student.

If it weren't for Han Goyo, the top spot and scholarship would have been Kang Seong-hoon's. But Kang Seong-hoon didn't mind at all.

Well, he did at first.

But after witnessing Han Goyo's talent firsthand, all his feelings of resentment vanished. Instead, he had a different thought. That kid needs to be grabbed.

A true genius, unlike the self-proclaimed ones.

That shining talent will continue to emit its brilliance strongly in the future. And he believed that he could further polish that shining talent.

With that in mind, Kang Seong-hoon proposed to Han Goyo to perform together at the event.

"No."

In 0.1 seconds, he was rejected.

Still, Kang Seong-hoon didn't falter. No, he actually thought it was natural. Being a genius is a lofty thing. If it came easily, he would have been disappointed.

There will be plenty of opportunities in the future. And someday, he will work with that lofty genius. About a week after Kang Seong-hoon made up his mind,

"Is it difficult to smoothly turn to the side?"

That lofty genius was frustrated.

And it was with a fellow student.

It didn't make sense. What was that guy up to, scolding Han Goyo? Then he heard rumors. That guy who Han Goyo asked for a song.

It was shocking.

To reject oneself and choose such a troublemaker.

It didn't make sense. There must be some other reason. With that judgment, Kang Seong-hoon pried into that troublemaker with the even-numbered classmates.

In doing so, he learned a few things. His name was Yoonhajun. He was originally majoring in vocals but switched to composition. During class, he just slept, and during break times, he vanished from the classroom.

"A real troublemaker."

He was even more of a troublemaker than Kang Seong-hoon had thought.

Treating Han Goyo like that, given the troublemaker's subject.

It's unforgivable.

Han Goyo must be rescued from that troublemaker's hands.

"Someday, I'll get Han Goyo back."

So Kang Seong-hoon said to Yoonhajun.

"What are you talking about?"

Of course, Yoonhajun couldn't understand.