Chapter 18 Part 6

EP18 - Like Brother, Like Sister (6)

The broadcast of Star Kingdom has come to an end.

Starting with a viewership rating of 0.7 in the first episode, Star Kingdom reached 1.1 in the second episode, and in the final episode, it recorded a rating of 1.7.

While the viewership has more than doubled compared to the beginning, it still hasn't reached an incredibly high level. Even if terrestrial and cable TV share the same 1% rating, there's a significant difference in the number of viewers.

Moreover, that 1.7 rating is the peak viewership during the highlight scenes, so the actual viewership is about 0.2 to 0.3 lower.

Nevertheless, PD Jinilman achieved the viewership goal he aimed for. Furthermore, the program is pulling in quite a good number of views on YouTube.

On YouTube, Closer and Yoonhajun are performing exceptionally well. Closer's stage has garnered 800,000 views, and the scene where Yoonhajun interacts with Blue Arc surpassed 600,000 views.

As a result, these two videos are ranked 2nd and 5th in the YouTube real-time popular videos. On the other hand, the stage video edited to exclude Yoonhajun and only feature Blue Arc didn't even reach 100,000 views.

Consequently, other videos of Blue Arc include Yoonhajun. Just having Yoonhajun in the thumbnail guarantees a certain level of views, and even the comment responses are quite favorable, making it a natural choice from the broadcaster's perspective.

And with that, rumors started circulating in the industry.

What kind of rumors? Well,

"There's a rumor going around that a 18-year-old genius producer has emerged."

The corners of Seo Chaerim's mouth lifted.

As if she's thrilled to bits.

And she probably is.

[What's that about?]

"No, seriously. People are contacting us after finding out that you've signed with our company following the broadcast of Star Kingdom episode 3."

[What kind of contacts?]

"What kind? Of course, they're inquiries about composing."

[Just because I did one broadcast?]

Yoonhajun asked across the phone line, sounding bewildered. In response to his question, Seo Chaerim took a sip of the cola placed on the table before replying.

"NO, NO, NO. It's not just that. Do you remember the stage performance Jin Sohyang did at last year's Seoul Music Awards?"

["Rough," right?]

"Yeah, that one. It's surpassed 8 million views on YouTube and is close to hitting 9 million."

[Wow, I didn't realize it had that many views.]

Seo Chaerim clicked her tongue at Yoonhajun's surprised voice coming back. Anyway, he's only interested in making music and producing. He doesn't care about the ripple effects his songs create. Well, that's why he can create such songs in the first place.

"Yeah. And with those views, pretty much every fan of BTS knows about that video. Some people were even drawn to it because of that video."

[But hardly anyone knows that I arranged it, right?]

"That's true. But this time, a video of Jin Sohyang cheering you on was uploaded to the Star Kingdom YouTube channel?"

[Yes. I happened to meet her at the broadcaster's office and asked her.]