Chapter 19 part 1

EP19 - Two Strong Geniuses (Part 1)

"How can I sing better?"

At Yun Soo-yeon's somewhat unexpected question, Lee Ji-yeon looked at her. What kind of question is that? How can I sing better?

"······Maybe Soo-yeon should just keep practicing as she's been doing?"

To say such words herself, Lee Ji-yeon acknowledged she was a pretty good teacher. In fact, she had been approached by several entertainment companies to be a vocal trainer, and she had even been asked to take in trainees as her disciples.

But Lee Ji-yeon didn't accept just anyone as her disciple. She only took in those who had clear skills, those who showed promise from the start.

And among those chosen students, Yun Soo-yeon stood out as one of the most talented. She was so talented that Lee Ji-yeon even considered bringing her to her own entertainment company and raising her as her disciple.

"In terms of talent alone, she's one of the top students I've taught."

She hadn't taught many students, but in terms of talent alone, Yun Soo-yeon was on par with Han Go-yo.

And Han Go-yo was undoubtedly the top of Lee Ji-yeon's students. In fact, she had considered taking Han Go-yo as her disciple and completing him.

Even compared to such Han Go-yo, Yun Soo-yeon had talent that couldn't be ignored. It hadn't even been a year since she started receiving instruction, yet her growth rate was three to four times faster than others'.

Of course, there were times when she struggled to grasp the basics, and she practiced diligently, but even taking that into account, her growth rate was remarkable. So Lee Ji-yoon couldn't understand why Yun Soo-yeon was asking this question.

She was already growing at a fast pace.

Was she not satisfied?

"Why? Do you want to sing better?"

"Yes."

And it was the first time Yun Soo-yeon had made such a blatant statement. Yun Soo-yeon didn't usually vocalize what she wanted.

Whenever Han Go-yo's name came up, her expression changed, or she showed obvious signs of awareness. But she never directly spoke about it.

"Why?"

"Because there's someone I want to beat."

"······Beat him?"

Surely, did Yun Ha-jun mention the favor I asked for? Lee Ji-yoon looks at Yun Soo-yeon in response to her significant words.

Hm, judging by Yun Soo-yeon's expression, it doesn't seem like that's the case.

Then······.

'Is it Han Go-yo?'

If that's the case, it makes sense.

Yun Soo-yeon is unusually conscious of Han Go-yo.

Lee Ji-yoon gazes at Yun Soo-yeon for a moment and then closes her mouth.

Can Yun Soo-yeon beat Han Go-yo?

Their talents seem similar. However, the time spent running towards singing, plus the determination put into it, are different.

Lee Ji-yoon has seen countless singers so far, but she hasn't seen anyone who puts their life on the line for singing like Han Go-yo. Comparing that, it's not easy for Yun Soo-yeon to beat Han Go-yo.

But Yun Soo-yeon has a powerful ally.

Yun Ha-jun.

The strongest supporter for Yun Soo-yeon.