Chapter 16 Part 3

EP16 - 『Drop Pop』 (3)

While working with Sooyeon, before we knew it, two weeks had already passed since the start of January. We didn't even realize it was New Year's Day because of our work, but already it's been two weeks.

In a month, it'll be exactly a year since the regression, unbelievable.

"Time flies."

"Yeah, seriously. I'm already a high school student, I'm getting old. I'm old."

Sooyeon, who was next to me, heard my story and made a dying sound, "Egugu," while acting like she's dying. I make a bewildered expression at that sound.

Now a 17-year-old saying she's old.

Then, am I a senior citizen at 29, before the regression?

"So, is the new song almost done?"

"Yeah, it's almost done."

I nod while muttering. Since Jin Sohyang introduced our channel on her SNS, the 『Drop Pop』 channel has been skyrocketing.

The views of "Rough," recommended by Jin Sohyang, have surpassed 40,000, and the views of other songs are hitting new highs every day.

Despite averaging around a thousand, the views have now surpassed ten thousand.

A growth rate exceeding 1,000 percent, truly monumental growth!

This is all thanks to Sohyang. Thanks to Sohyang, "Rough" was featured on the main page of Cloud, and people who saw it have been steadily flowing in.

I really need to treat Sohyang to a meal later.

"I hope we can upload the song quickly."

"Do you like the song?"

"Yeah, yeah!"

Sooyeon vigorously nods her head. The upcoming new song, "Pop, Pop," perfectly fulfills Sooyeon's needs.

So it's a song that feels like bouncing around on clouds. With a lively melody and catchy lyrics, it's an attractive song.

Sooyeon was also very happy throughout the process of working on this song.

"I can't wait to see the response to 'Pop, Pop'."

"Why?"

"Because it's a song we worked on together, oppa."

Ah, now that you mention it, that's true. "Pop, Pop" is a song that Sooyeon and I worked on together properly. Up until now, the way Sooyeon and I worked was that I composed the music and Sooyeon sang the songs.

The song "Come Home" that we sang at the festival was worked on together to some extent, but even that was only a part. However, this time, "Pop, Pop" was worked on together with Sooyeon from start to finish.

"I want to keep working with you like this in the future."

"I will."

"Really?"

I nod in response to Sooyeon's question.

Yeah, absolutely.

"Okay."

My answer seems to satisfy Sooyeon as she giggles happily like a child. Her expression is so cute that I can't help but smile too. Then, we resume our work.

"Pop, Pop" is a very important song. It's the first song we're uploading since the channel started gaining traction. So, whether this growth trend continues or gets disrupted depends entirely on "Pop, Pop."