Chapter 17 Part 6

EP17 - Genius Producer (6)

Jin Ilman, the main PD of Star Kingdom, is commonly known as a failed PD.

His debut work, "Living Legend," was canceled after only 7 episodes due to its abysmal viewership of less than 1%, and his second program, "Traveling through Music," ended prematurely due to controversies surrounding the cast's school violence issues, despite decent ratings.

Moreover, Star Kingdom, which he is currently in charge of, is a pilot program. It's a program that airs during the three weeks of downtime between the end of one program and the beginning of the next.

While it's said that if the response is good, it will be scheduled as a regular program, Jin Ilman didn't believe those words. In reality, it's almost the same as having his next work predetermined.

Singastar.

An audition program scheduled to start shooting in mid-September.

However, Jin Ilman isn't the main PD of Singastar. The main PD is CP Im Hun, who boasts over 15 years of experience, and Jin Ilman is a sub PD assisting Im Hun.

"Having to do that tedious sub PD job again."

Jin Ilman sighed deeply.

But he can't express dissatisfaction to the broadcasting station.

He has already ruined two programs. Moreover, the second program, "Traveling through Music," not only ended up ruining the program itself but also caused damage to the broadcasting station.

"Director."

"Yes, what is it?"

"I was wondering if I could start working now."

"Oh, of course."

In response to Jin Ilman's answer, Won Sungmin nodded and approached a male student. Watching this, Jin Ilman furrowed his brows.

Won Sungmin, the leader of Blue Arc.

He's not someone Jin Ilman is particularly concerned about.

He's not very entertaining, but he's not someone who would cause trouble either. The person Jin Ilman is currently concerned about isn't Won Sungmin but the male student he brought along.

A male student wearing a school uniform, staring at his laptop with sleepy eyes. According to Won Sungmin, he's called a producer, but judging by his decent appearance, could he be an aspiring idol?

"That's the uniform of Seolwon High School."

At that moment, the writer who was next to Jin Ilman whispered to him quietly. Seolwon High School? Although Jin Ilman didn't know much about high schools, he knew Seolwon High School quite well.

One of the top high schools in South Korea. Jin Ilman's gaze shifted when he heard the mention of Yun Hajun being a student at Seolwon High School, from anxiety to interest.

Well, a recognized band like Blue Arc wouldn't collaborate with mediocre individuals, would they? Last project's album release wasn't that impressive...

Whether Yun Hajun and Won Sungmin were aware of Jin Ilman's thoughts or not, they were discussing the song in front of their laptops.

"Is this emo hip-hop genre?"

"Yes. I got inspired by our work 'Crack' this time. It was a type of music I wanted to try, and it just clicked perfectly."

"Will you do this in melodic rap style too?"

"No, although it's based on emo hip-hop, I'm planning to lay it down with deep vocals rather than melodic rap. Our Minseok has a killer voice."

"Which Minseok are you talking about?"