Chapter 19 Part 2

EP19 - Two Strong-Willed Geniuses (2)

"Phew."

Yoon Hajun took a sip of water and let out a short sigh. Then, he checked the time on his phone and furrowed his brow.

"Still about 20 minutes until the appointment time."

Surely, he wouldn't be late on the first day, would he? Yoon Hajun's appointment today was none other than with Kim Hanol.

Through Seohoon's representative, when the collaboration with Kim Hanol was arranged, Yoon Hajun suggested grabbing a meal before working with him.

The collaboration with Kim Hanol wasn't about giving him a song Yoon Hajun had made; it was about creating a song from scratch tailored to Kim Hanol's style.

So, Yoon Hajun needed to hear Kim Hanol's input. Well, meeting at a barbecue restaurant was fine, but surely they wouldn't be drinking alcohol or anything like that with a minor, right?

As Yoon Hajun entertained such thoughts, the door of the restaurant opened, and Kim Hanol walked into the room. Seeing him, Yoon Hajun rose from his seat and nodded lightly towards him.

"Hello."

"Ah, yes. Hello."

As Yoon Hajun stood up and politely nodded, Kim Hanol seemed momentarily surprised, then reciprocated the gesture.

Then, with a tense expression, Kim Hanol began to observe Yoon Hajun.

The conversations Seohoon's representative had with him before coming here flashed through his mind. Starting from the conditions Yoon Hajun laid out, to the insistence not to disregard him just because he's a high school student.

Actually, no matter how remarkable he was, he still had the mindset of just being a high schooler, but he made a conscious effort to hide that thought.

Anyway, this was his first task at the newly formed company. Moreover, it was a position arranged by the CEO himself, so there was nothing to gain from showing displeasure.

"Shall we take a seat for now?"

"Yes."

As Kim Hanol sat down at Yoon Hajun's invitation, Yoon Hajun poured water into Kim Hanol's cup. When Kim Hanol received it and took a sip, Yoon Hajun spoke.

"What kind of meat would you like? Oh, don't worry about the bill. I brought my credit card from the manager."

"Well then, I'll have the flower ribs."

Yoon Hajun's assurance not to worry about the money prompted Kim Hanol to order the most expensive menu without hesitation. And upon hearing such an order, Yoon Hajun nodded with a satisfied expression.

Well, it's not like it's my money anyway; it's the company's money, so might as well eat something delicious. Yoon Hajun called over a waiter to place their meat order.

"What did you want to discuss?"

As soon as Yoon Hajun finished ordering, Kim Hanol asked. Surprised by Kim Hanol's quite polite tone, Yoon Hajun replied.

"To create a song, we need to know who the singer is. And I want to hear Hanol's opinion too."

"Ah, is that so?"

Kim Hanol nodded at Yoon Hajun's words.

Well, if that's the case, then it should be fine to speak comfortably, right?

"If it's my opinion, it's about opinions on the song, right?"

"Yes, well, something like that."

"Um, what kind of songs do you usually make? The only song I've heard is the one you collaborated with Blue Arc."