Chapter 5 Part 4

EP5 - In Between (4)

The freshman concert has begun.

Students from 실음과 and the 2nd year, along with teachers and instructors, take their seats in the audience. And they watched the stage. A student preparing for the first stage was diligently setting something up.

Each student can only spend a maximum of 2 minutes on stage. With 80 students all needing to take the stage, it's unavoidable.

Pure stage time amounts to 2 hours and 40 minutes, and adding the time to prepare the stage makes it take about 4 hours. Naturally, both those preparing the stage and those watching feel exhausted.

So generally, it's disadvantageous to perform later in the lineup. In that sense, Yoon Ha-jun is at a significant disadvantage. Yoon Ha-jun's stage is the 71st.

Very much at the back. However, there was no sign of dissatisfaction on Yoon Ha-jun's face. Just looking at the stage.

Soon, the first stage began.

The first to take the stage was Jin So-hyang. Jin So-hyang, like a current idol, prepared a very flashy stage.

However, as expected, her singing ability fell short.

Still, her seasoned performance, coming from ample stage experience, was enough to captivate people's attention.

The student on the second stage was Lee Sang-gyu.

As a composition major, instead of singing, he played his own composition on the piano. The stages continued. 2nd-year students, who were sitting in the audience watching the stage, whispered as they watched.

"Jin So-hyang wasn't as good as expected, huh?"

"She dances well but can't sing."

"But why was she first? She's from the odd-numbered class, right?"

"She's got the face of a 1st-year madam. She got in with idol privileges, so it's natural."

"Then what about the top-ranked student who got in?"

Originally, the first stage at the event is taken by the top-ranked student. But this time, because of Jin So-hyang, the top-ranked student's stage was pushed back.

"I heard he sings so well."

The 2nd-year students continue their conversation. Meanwhile, the stage continued. Apologies to the hard-working 1st-year students, but the quality of the freshman concert seen so far isn't particularly outstanding.

Well, when you think about it, it's natural. They've only had two months of classes and then prepared for the stage. Even the 2nd-year students who are now judging as if they are experts were quite lacking back then.

And fourth, it's Han Goyo's turn. As the teacher, the announcer, called out Han Goyo's name, the audience began to buzz. Among the 1st-year students, who are famous enough for the 2nd-year students to know their names, Han Goyo is one of them.

Wearing a black dress, Han Goyo takes the stage. Along with her, the buzzing audience falls silent. The 2nd-year students who were chattering closed their mouths and started focusing on the stage.

A brief moment of silence.

Then the stage begins.

Lower the music.

The stage prepared by Han Goyo is very simple. There are no flashy lights, no elaborate performances. It's just Han Goyo alone on stage, singing.

There are many things I want to have,