Chapter 10 Part 1

EP10 - "Rough" (1)

"...Ha, ha."

Jin Sohyang breathed heavily as she glanced at the audience. Her head ached. She couldn't quite remember what stage she had just performed on.

Did she do well? Were there any mistakes? Everything she remembered seemed like it had gone smoothly. Anxiousness. She wanted to know how people perceived her performance.

Then, applause began to resonate from somewhere. Turning her head towards the source of the sound, Jin Sohyang spotted Yoon Hajun. He was leaning against a wall, applauding.

"You did well."

And he conveyed that just with his lips. Just as Jin Sohyang was starting to feel relieved, applause erupted from various places.

The members of Hwayang Yeonhwa who had come in disguise, the company CEO who had accompanied them, Hanna unni, her parents, and even the fans who had come to see her performance were all applauding her.

The applause grew louder.

As if it were contagious.

"You're the best!! Our youngest!!"

Amidst all this, a loud voice was heard. A smile crept onto Jin Sohyang's lips at the sound of that voice. It was Harin's voice.

The lights were off. The stage was dark. It was the stage of a performance that she had experienced hundreds, thousands of times. Yet somehow, it felt different today.

The applause, received hundreds, thousands of times before, felt different. It felt like her heart was going to burst. Tears seemed to be on the verge of flowing. The hand clutching the strap trembled thinly.

Unlike before, it wasn't trembling due to tension. It was trembling with excitement. The excitement that the stage brought. It still lingered.

"I shouldn't be like this."

It was a stage prepared to give up. But now, she found herself wanting more. She wanted to do more stages like this in the future. She wanted to keep standing on stage.

Being on stage as a member of Hwayang Yeonhwa wasn't bad, but she wanted to stand alone on stage like this. That thought kept coming to her.

"I, I have to prepare for the next stage."

"Oh, I'm sorry!"

Then, a staff member approached Jin Sohyang and spoke to her. Surprised by the words, Jin Sohyang quickly bowed her head and hurriedly descended from the stage.

Her steps down from the stage felt heavy. She had thought that she would feel relieved once the stage was over and done with, but lingering regrets remained.

Jin Sohyang was easily influenced by others. She had never once been driven by a genuine desire for something herself.

Whether it was because it was popular, looked fun, or because her friends were doing it, she had lived her life going along with the flow rather than her own will.

But now, for the first time, she felt a desire driven by her own will.

§ § §

"Wow, amazing. Who knew Sohyang could pull off a stage like that?"

"She practiced really hard."

"Yeah, still! I never knew Sohyang could dance like that."

"Did you see our maknae's charisma?"

Hanna and the members of Hwayang Yeonhwa excitedly discussed Jin Sohyang. Even to them, fellow members, Jin Sohyang's stage was nothing short of a shocker.