Chapter 20 Part 1

EP20 - A brief break. (1)

The day after the freshman concert.

The atmosphere among the seniors and freshmen took on a peculiar change.

To be specific, they were generally excited. During breaks, lunchtime, or any free time, they gathered in groups to discuss the freshman concert.

And at the center of those discussions were Jeong Jinhoo and Yoonsuyeon. First, Jeong Jinhoo. His talent is undeniable. Even Yoonhajun and Kim Taeyoung, who had some criticisms, acknowledged Jeong Jinhoo's skill.

There were no doubts about his talent among the students.

But that was about it.

While students praised Jeong Jinhoo's skill and singing, they didn't have much to say about his performance on stage. They wanted to hear him sing again, but they weren't particularly eager to see his stage presence. That was the general sentiment.

On the other hand, Yoonsuyeon received praise for everything—from her singing and vocal ability to her stage presence. How was the performance directed? What was the atmosphere of the songs? Questions like these.

Yoonsuyeon's performance left a strong impression. Consequently, public opinion leaned towards Yoonsuyeon. Of course, there were a few students who didn't agree.

Public opinion clearly favored Yoonsuyeon.

Jeong Jinhoo grimaced at this reaction. But that was it. Normally, he would confidently declare his victory with a loud voice, but this time, he couldn't say anything.

That's how overwhelmed Jeong Jinhoo felt by his defeat. While Jeong Jinhoo struggled with his feelings, the students, oblivious to his mood, enthusiastically discussed Yoonsuyeon's performance.

And naturally, there were more mentions of Yoonhajun, who composed Yoonsuyeon's songs and directed her performances.

"Yoonhajun really is Yoonhajun."

"The teachers weren't just saying that for no reason."

"Exactly. Ah, I really want to get a song from Yoonhajun in the future."

At this reaction, Yoonsuyeon smiled contentedly. Now people are finally coming to their senses. But it's already too late.

I remember the faces of those who talked about my brother in a derogatory way from the audience. Even if my brother forgives them, I won't.

"Ahem."

Yoonsuyeon's smug demeanor sparked a cough from Im Yeonji. She had been about to ask if there were any leftover songs Jeong Jinhoo had made, but judging by the atmosphere, she decided it was best to bring it up later.

"Su-yeon, your performance was really great."

"Really?"

"Yeah, especially the stage direction. Opening the doors and coming out. Was that your brother's idea?"

"Yeah."

"That was really cool."

In lieu of it, Im Yeonji continued with mindless praise for Yoonhajun and Yoonsuyeon. Whether it was getting a featuring or receiving songs, it was important to maintain a positive image.

Im Yeonji had noticed something while being friends with Yoonsuyeon: Yoonsuyeon preferred praise for Yoonhajun over praise for herself.

And as expected by Im Yeonji, Yoonsuyeon responded with a pleased smile to the praise for Yoonhajun.

"Yeah, that's right. You really have a good eye, Yeonji. Different from the others. How amazing our brother is..."

Oh no, this was trouble. The praise for her brother had been triggered. Im Yeonji's expression turned into a grimace. Once praise for her brother was triggered, it lasted at least 20 minutes.