Chapter 13 Part 2

EP13 - Da Capo (2)

"What does Suyeon want to take from you?"

Looking at the melting iced Americano, Yunhajun asked. With a clink, the melting ice collapses. Han Goyo wondered how he should say what Yunhajun's asking.

Han Goyo finds it awkward to communicate with others. It's because he's extreme at killing emotions and rarely engages in conversations with others.

How much time has passed?

After organizing his thoughts, Han Goyo cautiously spoke.

"Music."

"Music?"

"Yeah. My music."

Having said that, Han Goyo looked at Yunhajun. He thought Yunhajun would catch on at this point. Yunhajun reached out and lightly touched the straw sticking out of the cup.

She's trying to take it.

Han Goyo's song.

What could that mean?

Han Goyo sighed at Yunhajun's puzzled words. It seems difficult for him to catch on with just that. With a frustrated heart, Han Goyo continued speaking.

"So, your sister is taking away my songs."

"Ah."

Only then did Yunhajun realize what Han Goyo's words meant. Yoon Suyeon is taking Han Goyo's song. It may be an exaggeration, but when you think about it, it's not entirely wrong.

In reality, Yoon Suyeon is singing songs inspired by Han Goyo. However, it's not at the level of a copycat.

She's using Han Goyo's overwhelming presence at the Silumgo concert as inspiration to create her own originality.

However, she's still growing, so Yoon Suyeon's own originality hasn't been fully developed yet. Yunhajun knows this, so he doesn't interfere with Yoon Suyeon's songs.

If Yoon Suyeon had tried to become a copycat of Han Goyo, Yunhajun would have been the first to step in and stop her. Yunhajun has no intention of turning Yoon Suyeon into another Han Goyo.

"Of course, it's true that Suyeon took inspiration from your songs, but to say she's 'taking' them is a bit much, isn't it? You know it too. There are many differences in many aspects."

Han Goyo nodded at Yunhajun's words. Yunhajun's words were not wrong either. It's common among singers to draw inspiration and motifs from each other.

Now, interpreting it in one's own unique way becomes originality, or else it remains merely a copycat.

And Suyeon is the former. Clearly, Suyeon is interpreting her songs inspired by Han Goyo in her own unique way.

But that's exactly where the problem lies.

"That's what bothers me."

"What?"

"It's fatal for her to use the only thing I have to grow herself."

Han Goyo didn't say Suyeon was simply imitating him. He said she was taking. Suyeon is taking Han Goyo's strengths and making them her own.

If Suyeon had simply followed him, Han Goyo wouldn't have disliked it so much. No, he might have welcomed it even.

Because a copycat can never beat an original.

"Why?"

Yunhajun couldn't quite understand.