Chapter 6 Part 2

"I think this is sufficient."

Surprised by Won Seong-min's words, I widen my eyes. I stop playing the piano and look at him. It's the first time such words have come out of Won Seong-min's mouth.

"Really?"

"Yes. You've improved a lot since the beginning."

"Oh, thank you."

Won Seong-min's praise is rare. To be precise, it's rare for him to give such a high score. He often says things like "You're doing well," or "If you keep it up, you'll be fine," but that's all future-oriented.

So, doing it this way will probably reach the passing score in the future, that kind of feeling? But now he's given a passing score for the first time.

"Of course, there are still areas where you need improvement. As Jun knows, in the composition major at Seolwon High School, guitar and piano are basic requirements."

"That's right."

"Still, with your current skill level, I don't think you're lacking compared to those students. You'll probably perform above average. Of course, that's according to the standards I used to follow."

Saying that, Won Seong-min smiles proudly. Seeing him like that, I smile too. I feel the satisfaction of practicing even after giving up studying.

"As I mentioned before, you'll need to perform twice in the major exam. On your major instrument, and piano. So, from now on, practice only the pieces you'll submit for the exam."

"Yes."

"Especially, you must not make mistakes in the chord charts."

I nod. Won Seong-min has emphasized this several times. He says not to try to stand out with tricks but to focus on maintaining the basics. He says that not making mistakes in the basics is the most important.

"Oh, right. What's the title of that piece?"

"······Return to Sender."

"I think it's a good title."

Won Seong-min smiles.

But I couldn't smile.

§ § §

The final exams have begun. Seolwon High School's final exams are conducted over a total of 5 days. For the first 3 days, ordinary exams are taken, and on the 4th and 5th days, major exams are taken, divided by classes.

Odd-numbered classes take the major exams on the 4th day, and even-numbered classes on the 5th day.

However, for Yoon Ha-jun, who gave up on the exams, the first 3 days of exams were not important. They were just days when school ended early. Instead, he continued practicing guitar and piano in the practice room, borrowing Han Go-yo's strength.

"Oh, are you finally playing the piano?"

"Are you mocking me?"

"No, you always think I'm mocking you whenever I say something."

Kim Tae-young murmurs. But it can't be helped. Since childhood, the guy who monopolized awards at piano competitions doesn't genuinely feel praised when praised for his piano skills.

But I don't think he's genuinely mocking me. Perhaps, Kim Tae-young has his own sincere thoughts. It's certain that his piano skills have improved.

So, Kim Tae-young and Yoon Ha-jun spent all three days practicing in the practice room as if they were living there. However, Han Go-yo never showed up in the practice room even once since the exams started.