Chapter 12 Part 3

EP12 - Festival (3)

Finally, the awaited festival has begun. Seolwon High School, known for its prestigious reputation and talented students, is no different from other schools when it comes to festivals.

There are vendors in front of the school, and students buy snacks and take pictures with various items they don't really need.

[I wanted to participate in the sports festival tooㅠ]

I glance at Jin Sohyang's text and then put my phone away. The main event of the festival's first day is, of course, the sports festival. But it's not like I'm participating in it.

To begin with, I'm not good at sports. I'm not flexible, and I'm not fast at running. Soccer or basketball? I enjoy watching them, but I don't like playing.

It's weird, isn't it? I like watching athletes play or reading related comics, but I don't like doing it myself. With such thoughts, I watch the kids on the field spreading sweat and youth.

I wonder what's so fun about it. Everyone has smiles on their faces. And there's Kim Tae-young. He runs around the field energetically, chasing after the ball.

Not that he's good at soccer.

He's just running around with enthusiasm.

"He's got good stamina."

I admire Kim Tae-young like that. Hmm, exercise. I should do some exercise too. Being cooped up in a corner all the time making music, I can feel my stamina deteriorating.

Even if I think about the future, I should really exercise. With such thoughts, I get up from my seat. There's nothing special on the first day, and there's nothing to see, so I go to an empty classroom and take a nap.

I'll definitely get a lecture from the teacher if I get caught, but what can I do if I'm not interested? Still, I leave the classroom after the sports festival is over.

The winners of the sports festival are said to be the Entertainment Department. After the sports festival, the stage prepared by the Practical Arts Department (Practical Dance Department) and the Classical Music Department began.

Still, those stages were quite enjoyable. Especially the stage by the Classical Music Department was very good. I learned how different the same instruments can sound depending on the performer.

While I'm deeply impressed, Kim Tae-young, emitting a strong smell of sweat, makes a remark with a pout.

"Tsk. That's not how you play the piano."

"Oh, that's not supposed to be like that."

"Sigh, I can't even show them how to do it."

It seems that Kim Tae-young, who is a winner of competitions, is lacking in many aspects from what I can see. I feel unlucky looking at Kim Tae-young, who speaks as if he's so talented.

But there's nothing I can say. Kim Tae-young is actually talented. Still, Kim Tae-young didn't ignore everyone. He even applauded the violinist who decorated the final stage.

"He's pretty good."

He's truly honest. Anyway, that's how the first day ended. And now, all that's left is the second day. So, it's just the day of reckoning.

§ § §

"Hoo."

The second day of the festival. Early morning. Kim Tae-young, heading to school with the members of Blue Aca, breathed out, rubbing his hands together. White breath could be seen. The dawn air was starting to get chilly.