Chapter 18 Part 3

EP18 - That Brother, That Sister (3)

"Oppa."

It's the first weekend after Yoon Suyeon's admission to Snow High School. After attending Lee Ji-yoon's academy as usual, Yoon Suyeon lay on the sofa and called out to her brother, Yoon Hajun.

In response, Yoon Hajun, with his head buried in his laptop, asks, "Hm?" Seeing him like that, Yoon Suyeon rolls a candy in her mouth and pouts slightly.

This is the most common sight of Yoon Hajun on this sofa. His figure, sitting on the floor leaning against the sofa, working on his laptop.

I know you're busy with your work, but can't you pay a little more attention to me?

Don't you wonder how I'm doing at school, or what kind of things I hear? With a sigh, Yoon Suyeon speaks in a slightly dissatisfied tone.

"Well, how do you usually spend your school days, Oppa?"

"Why do you suddenly ask?"

Yoon Hajun furrows his brows slightly at Yoon Suyeon's somewhat out-of-the-blue question. Hm, I want to brighten the melody development here a bit.

Should I put down the laptop for a moment and try playing the guitar?

"No, it's just that the teachers keep saying to me, 'Are you really Hajun's sister? Really?'"

Yoon Hajun, who was about to put away his laptop and pick up his guitar at Yoon Suyeon's words, freezes. Then, he scratches the back of his head with a puzzled expression.

Well, no.

I can't understand the teachers' reactions.

While Yoon Hajun is usually the type to doze off during class, Yoon Suyeon is the most enthusiastic student in the class, listening attentively. Naturally, the teachers would be surprised.

"Well, no. It's just... I'm too busy with things to do."

"But that doesn't mean you just sleep during class, right?"

"Haha."

Yoon Hajun didn't respond.

He just let out a dry laugh.

And with that sight, I became certain.

He really was just sleeping.

"Other than that, did you hear any other comments?"

Yoon Hajun folded his laptop and looked at Yoon Suyeon, asking. Finally, seeing her brother showing interest in her, Yoon Suyeon smiled.

"I heard similar comments during practical classes. The nuance was different though."

"What kind of comments?"

"People saying, 'So you're Hajun's sister after all. That's why.' It's not meant in a negative way like the teachers during the theory classes. It's more positive." Yoon Hajun nodded as if it were obvious and said.

"Well, the practical teachers seem to like me."

"Yeah, that seems to be the case."

During her first practical class, Yoon Suyeon was receiving enthusiastic attention from the temporary teachers. This was partly due to Yoon Suyeon's talent, but also because she was Yoon Hajun's sister.

Expectations arose just from being known as Yoon Hajun's sister.

"Sorry."

"For what?"

"Just... it feels like I'm constantly being evaluated as your sister."

"It doesn't bother me at all."