Chapter 11 Part 4

EP11 – Turning Point (4)

Let me say it upfront: the arrangement of "End" isn't exceptionally outstanding. The quality is decent, but it's not at the level of "How could they arrange it like this?!" It's more like what someone with some arranging skills could do. Then why was Lee Ji-yoon so impressed? Because this song is showcasing Yoon Soo-yeon's talent.

Yoon Soo-yeon still has many areas where she lacks experience and skill. Despite having remarkable talent, she hasn't had the chance to hone it yet. However, this song is covering up those inexperienced and clumsy parts of Yoon Soo-yeon.

Yoon Soo-yeon's clumsy techniques seem to have disappeared. The arrangement raised the pitch of the parts where she sang softly and adjusted the rhythm to match Yoon Soo-yeon's voice.

Lee Ji-yoon furrows her brow. The shining talent Yoon Soo-yeon showed on her first day at the academy is visible once again. Suddenly, Yoon Soo-yeon's song comes to an end.

"It's finished."

Lee Ji-yoon nods in response to Yoon Soo-yeon's words. However, Lee Ji-yoon is unusually quiet compared to her usual self. Normally, she would be expressing her admiration, saying something like, "As expected, our Soo-yeon is a genius!" But she's not saying anything like that now.

"Did I make a mistake?"

No matter how much she thinks about it, she can't find any mistakes. While the original version of "End" is riddled with mistakes every time she sings it, the arranged version her brother provided doesn't have any mistakes.

In that regard, she can't help but think once again that it's thanks to her brother.

I made the right decision by asking for his help.

"Soo-yeon."

"Yes?"

"Could you perhaps try singing the original version of 'End' too?"

"Oh, sure. I'll give it a try."

Yoon Soo-yeon hesitates for a moment before nodding. In response, Lee Ji-yoon plays the original version of "End," and Yoon Soo-yeon sings along to it.

"As expected."

Lee Ji-yoon strokes her chin as she listens to the original version of "End." Seeing this, Yoon Soo-yeon swallows hard. Even to her own ears, the song she just sang sounded quite messy.

What kind of criticism would she receive? While Yoon Soo-yeon prepares herself mentally, Lee Ji-yoon says something completely unexpected.

"Soo-yeon, do you have any more songs you worked on with your brother?"

"Oh, there are about two more songs."

"Can I listen to them?"

"Yes."

Yoon Soo-yeon nodded and took out her phone. Familiarly manipulating the screen, she played the songs she had worked on with her brother.

In total, there were three songs Yoon Soo-yeon worked on with Yoon Ha-jun.

"Runaway," "사실은" (Actually), and "그대를 떠난 이유" (The Reason I Left You).

Among them, "사실은" (Actually) was the one she sang during the academy interview, so she only played the other two songs. Lee Ji-yoon listened to those songs with a very serious expression.

And the more she listened, the more convinced she became.

"This is a song for Soo-yeon."

It wasn't a song created by Yoon Ha-jun and sung by Yoon Soo-yeon. It was a song made by Yoon Ha-jun for Yoon Soo-yeon. Should it be said that the subject is different? The more she listened to the song, the stronger her conviction became.