Chapter 2: Stay Close To Me

I removed Victor's costume from his bag and looked at it. "It looks great, isn't it?" Sandra asked. I smiled, "Yes. And it looks amazing on him. Like it just wraps his body perfectly!" A blush crept across my face.

"It sure does," Sandra replied and gave me a hanger. I grabbed it and thanked her. I hung Victor's top on one of the racks then went back to do the same thing to his pants.

I sighed and sat on the couch. I removed my phone out of my pocket and scrolled through the net. "Aren't you gonna go watch Victor's practice?" Sandra suddenly asked. I looked at her, "Oh nah. He can do it. Besides, we don't spend much time with each other. Come on, sit beside me," I said and patted the spot next to me. She walked towards the couch and sat.

"Girl, your pictures are all over the internet now!" Sandra said. I sighed, "I know." "Remember those good ol' times when you skate and I'm there in every competition to cheer for you?" Sandra asked. "Of course, I do! How could I ever forget?" I smiled and hugged her. I earned an "Aww" from her. She hugged me back.

"You know? I wanna see you skate again," she said. I let go and looked at her. "Don't worry, I'll skate with you when we return to Russia," I replied. We both smiled at each other. We continued to talk to each other, catching up and stuff like that. Then the door opened.

We looked at it and saw Victor walking in. "There you are, (y/n)! I was looking everywhere for you," he said and walked towards us. He noticed Sandra. "Oh hey, Sandra!" He smiled and waved at her. Sandra smiled and waved back.

"Are you gonna change now?" I asked him. "Yup," he replied. I stood and grabbed Sandra's hand. "Okay, we're going," I said then smiled. "Where?" He asked. "I'll watch you perform so go change now," I answered.

Sandra removed her hand from mine. I looked at her and raised an eyebrow. "You should go spend a little time with each other before Victor performs. I will go save you a seat," she told me and smiled. "Okay, thanks," I replied. She walked out and locked the door from inside before closing it.

"Now that we have some time alone," Victor said and held my hands. I removed them from his hold, "We always have time alone." I sat at the couch and Victor sat beside me. I placed my head on his shoulders and he wrapped his arms around me. He kissed my forehead then laid his head on mine.

"I thought you're gonna change?" I asked. "Five more minutes. I want to hold you like this," he answered. I sighed and walked towards the rack where I hung his costume. "I'm pretty sure that five minutes would get longer, so change now," I said, "Or Yakov would yell at us." I chuckled.

I removed his top from the hanger and gave it to him. "Thanks," he said. I walked back to the couch and sat. Victor started unzipping his jacket. I looked at my phone to distract myself and for me not to awkwardly stare at his body.

A few minutes later, I looked at him and he was now looking at the mirror. I stood and walked towards him. Once I saw how good he looks, I felt embarrassed and I covered my face. Victor chuckled at my reaction and he placed his hand on my shoulder. "What's wrong?" He asked. I inhaled deeply and answered, "You look so handsome!" I covered my face more and buried it on his chest. He laughed and hugged me. I slowly removed my hands to look at him but I just can't look at him right now. "I think my nose will bleed," I said. He chuckled and said, "It won't."

We stayed in that position until somebody knocked. "Victor You're next! Come out here!" Yakov shouted from the other side. It's a good thing Sandra locked the door so that no one would see us doing this. "Thank you, Sandra," I thought. Victor let go and smiled. "I have to go now," he said. I nodded then we both walked out of the room.

As soon as we got out, an angry Yakov was in front of us. "What we're you doing in there? What took you so long?" He asked. Victor chuckled and said "Nothing." "Then let's go!" Yakov replied. Victor looked at me. "See ya," he said and smiled. I smiled back, "Good luck!" And we both went on our separate ways. He walked towards the rink and I walked towards the seating areas.

As soon as I got out I heard Sandra calling me. "(Y/n)! Come on, Victor's next!" She shouted. I nodded and walked towards her. Once I reached her, I quickly sat beside her. "So what happened?" She asked and grinned. I smiled and rolled my eyes at her. "Hugging and stuff like that," I replied. Her eyes got bigger and she squealed. "Calm down," I said and laughed.

We waited until Victor was called. "Last up is Victor Nikiforov from Russia," as the commentator said those words, the crowd began to cheer louder especially when Victor got on the ice rink. Even Sandra was cheering for him. "It's clear he's Russia's hero! The cheers are deafening! After the short program, he leads Giacometti, in second, by a huge margin," The commentator said.

The music started playing

The music started playing. A blush crept on my face as I saw him raise his head. He's just so perfect. "In this program, he has four quads planned," the commentator said, "Here comes the first quad." He performed a quadruple lutz. "A quadruple lutz! Very clean!" The crowd cheered. "The next quad is his signature move. How will it go?" The commentator asked. "Perfect, of course!" I answered in my mind. He did a quadruple flip, earning more screams and cheers from the audience. "A quadruple flip! He lands this one, too!" Then he did a flying sit spin. "Flying sit spin," said the commentator and the crowd applauded.

"The music is 'Stay Close to Me'. This program brings out new dimension in Victor Nikiforov's performance," added the commentator.

Victor did a quadruple Salchow then a triple lutz, and a triple flip. Then the commentator started to speak, "Now, the last quad... A quadruple toe loop, followed by a triple toe loop! He's landed all his quads! Now, a combination spin!" The cheer gets louder and louder and I joined the crowd.

Watching Victor skate just makes me happy

Watching Victor skate just makes me happy. My heart beats fast and my eyes tear up. I love him so much.