Chapter 95: Peonies

We were calmly walking down one of Barcelona's most important shopping and business area when Sandra asked yet another question. "Why didn't you buy much at Arenas?" She asked. "That's very unusual because knowing you, you don't shop often but when you do, you buy a lot. I mean, literally a lot."

I chuckled at the way she emphasized the last two words. "Why, you ask?" I said. "Because this street we're walking on right now is Passeig de Gràcia, Barcelona's most luxurious shopping street!" Now, this is exactly the kind of place I wanna shop. The streets are lined with designer stores left and right.

"I want to get something for Yuuri," I said. "His birthday's right around the corner."

"When?" Sandra asked. 

"29th of November," I answered.

"Well, what do you wanna get him?"

"I'm thinking of buying him an outfit. Maybe a couple of those." And with that, our shopping spree has begun. One store after another, from accessories to dresses, we bought a lot.

I've mentioned earlier that I wanted to get something for Yuuri so I did. I am a big fan of trench coats and seeing that Yuuri doesn't have much of those, I decided I'll get him some. The reason why I super love trench coats is that it is the most versatile of all outwear options, as it can be dressed up or down. You can go from wearing it over a suit to dressing it down with a shirt, jeans, or boots.

I wasn't lying when I said I'll get him an outfit or two so aside from the coat, I also got him other clothes. For one outfit option, I got him a long camel wool trench coat. To pair with that, I also got him a striped black and white tee. Combining T-shirts and wool coats make men look younger and lively, and it also brings a more casual feel. Pairing the coat with a light tee such as this one brings a fresh and lithe instead of a dull feeling that came from the dark coat. To complete the look, I also got him a knee ripped jeans and a new pair of white sneakers.

Now since the first outfit was more on the casual side, for the next one, I'm thinking of getting him some formals. Since it's winter, I bought him a black turtleneck sweater that can be turned into a formal staple with a beige trench coat and black formal cotton pants. To make this second look more professional, I also got him black oxford shoes.

Last but not least, I want to get something for Victor too. It will be an apology gift for last night. I might've done something to upset him that's why he went ignoring me although I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong as far as I remember. What should I get him? Clothes? Nah, he already has a ton of those. I want something small and simple.

While walking around the men's section of a store, Sandra called me. "(Y/n), look at this!" She said as she motioned for me to come over. I walked towards her. In her hand was a boxer. "Look! You should get Victor one of these!" She said. I couldn't help but laugh at the garment she is holding. It wasn't any ordinary boxer, it's a "Property Of" Personalized Boxers.

"Let's have your name written on this," she said. "Property of (Y/n), oooh isn't that sexy?" My laughter died down a little as I shook my head. "You've probably sensed that I'm going to get something for Victor and you're right on that part," I said. "But no. I wouldn't get him one of those."

***

We moved to one of the gift shops because I'm pretty confident I'll find something to buy for Victor there. I walked around, shelves after shelves to see if there's anything that will catch my attention. On one side of the 4 walls of the store, there was a big map pinned to the wall. At first, I thought it was just part of the store's deco but when I get close, a saleslady appeared beside me.